Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thank you Al Davis!

Default Thank you Al Davis!

It never seems to fail the raiders are hapless!!! I cannot believe they wasted their #7 pick on Darrius Heyward Bey. WOW what do yall think about this apparent boneheaded move?

The AFC West did not have a great day.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    After doing a lot of research on Jackson, I think he was an excellent pickup and will improve both our run defense by plugging the holes, and the pass by allowing the LB's freedom to go after the QB.

I know i was originally disappointed, but its a great pickup, and I think he will be alot like Richard Seymour, and will be a key element of our future success.

But your right, as a conference, we drafted the worst out of any other conference so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Yup; stellar is not a word I would use do describe it.

I thank God every day for Al Davis. He's a GREAT Chiefs fan.

Thank you Mr. Davis LOL

"Senile" Davis

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    And our choice was not any better. Our corners do not have 4.3 speed either.
    Who cares. They don't have a qb to get the ball to him anyway...
    Davis is an idiot.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Who cares. They don't have a qb to get the ball to him anyway...
    Davis is an idiot.
    I had to go see why the Faders chose this guy, so I went to the Raiders website. I know, now I feel all dirty and ashamed, even a shower did not help. But, hey, I took one for the team so you did not have to.

Anyway, their new Coach, Coach Cable (Larry the Cableguy comes to mind) says they chose this receiver because of all the guys that were taken in the first round, this is the only guy that played in a pro-style offense. He said they went out for this guy in particular and were happy to get him.

I am not sure how playing in a pro-style offense would help a wide receiver, I can see that for backfield players (QB, RB) maybe even offensive lineman, but to me a WR receiver lines up outside anyway.

Well, they had a reason in their minds.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I had to go see why the Faders chose this guy, so I went to the Raiders website. I know, now I feel all dirty and ashamed, even a shower did not help. But, hey, I took one for the team so you did not have to.

Anyway, their new Coach, Coach Cable (Larry the Cableguy comes to mind) says they chose this receiver because of all the guys that were taken in the first round, this is the only guy that played in a pro-style offense. He said they went out for this guy in particular and were happy to get him.

I am not sure how playing in a pro-style offense would help a wide receiver, I can see that for backfield players (QB, RB) maybe even offensive lineman, but to me a WR receiver lines up outside anyway.

He's fast???

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post

The Raiders weren't talking about schemes when they were talking about pro-style offense. Everybody knows the NFL game moves faster, so the surest pick is the one that can keep up! 40 times baby!

Michael Mitchell has that sort of pro-style exprience too, he ran a 4.31 40.

Thanks Aussie!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast