Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Leroy Hill... Right Now!!

Default Leroy Hill... Right Now!!

LET'S GO GET THIS GUY, YESTERDAY!!!!

The Seahawks removed the franchise tag and he's officially a free agent. Let's get another long-term piece for our LB corp.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    What's wrong with signing this guy as an ILB? Put him next to Thomas on the inside and put Vrabel and DJ outside. What's the problem?
    If you're responding to my preceding post, I have no problem. I'm just surprised anyone was projecting DJ as an ILB as opposed to an OLB.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    What's wrong with signing this guy as an ILB? Put him next to Thomas on the inside and put Vrabel and DJ outside. What's the problem?
    No problem I can see. Except, of course, he ain't here.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    If you're responding to my preceding post, I have no problem. I'm just surprised anyone was projecting DJ as an ILB as opposed to an OLB.
    I've been projecting DJ at ILB for a while, but that was before we signed Thomas, who is obviously ILB all the way.

I hope he can do it, but he's about 10 lbs lighter than a "light" 3-4 OLB (3-4). Not many of them in the league under 245 lbs, heck not many of them under 255.

i would be terribly surprised if this happened. i would love to have him on the chiefs. i would really love it.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Is DJ projected inside right now? He strikes me as a perfect OLB for a 3-4. I would have thought Beisel/Williams would have been our other ILB.
    Just going off someone else's projection. Haven''t seen anything official from the Chiefs. I don't see Hali or McBride making too good a transition to LB and Dj skills would best fit the rush LB we need. IMO Beisel is going to be a backup and Williams is stil a ?

Pros: Hill would be a great pickup. He is a hard hitting, fast and effective blitzer, a good tackler, and hes only 26.

Negatives: Marijuana arrest (he publicly apologized and I couldnt find any articles on the details of his arrest like amount, etc). He has a history of a few minor injuries. He turned down a 6 yr $36 mil contract from Seattle (either too long of a contract for him or not enough money).

Possible Lineup Next Year:

DJ / Vrabel / Thomas / Hill

Backups: Hali?, Williams, Beisel, Mays, Babin?

The nice thing is that they all can be moved around to different spots pretty effectively.

I doubt this will happen because I dont think Pioli and Haley want to take a chance on a guy who smokes pot right before FA starts, plus he either wants more than 6 mil a year, or a short term contract.

Source

Seahawks linebacker Leroy Hill has been arrested in Atlanta on charges of marijuana possession.
    Hill was found asleep at the wheel of his car at a major intersection at around 4 a.m Saturday morning. A search of his car found less than an ounce of marijuana. He was booked and released on bond.
    Hill, of course, is the number one priority for the Seahawks this off-season, as they attempt to sign him and maintain their three-headed monster at linebacker. He is set to become a free agent next month.
    If he indulges in his little hobby before contract negotiations, maybe we can sign him for a box of Cheez-its and some Jack 'N The Box.

That last statement is not mine.

Thanks Dave. That puts it into perspective. Its not even like he was actively smoking or carrying a crap ton.

With that information in mind, I am more inclined to take a chance on him ... IF he will accept something like a 2-3 year deal for around 5-6 mil with behavior clauses. Based on what Seattle offered him supposedly, Im not sure if he will take that.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    Is it just me or is his head quite oddly shaped?

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Is it just me or is his head quite oddly shaped?
    It fits a football helmet.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast