Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Leroy Hill... Right Now!!

Default Leroy Hill... Right Now!!

LET'S GO GET THIS GUY, YESTERDAY!!!!

The Seahawks removed the franchise tag and he's officially a free agent. Let's get another long-term piece for our LB corp.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    It fits a football helmet.
    OH yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Is it just me or is his head quite oddly shaped?
    A result of many years of pounding his head into RB and WR's.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Thanks Dave. That puts it into perspective. Its not even like he was actively smoking or carrying a crap ton.

With that information in mind, I am more inclined to take a chance on him ... IF he will accept something like a 2-3 year deal for around 5-6 mil with behavior clauses. Based on what Seattle offered him supposedly, Im not sure if he will take that.
    I know that the statement had him with "Less than an ounce" of marijuana, but an ounce is a pretty big bag.

If you were to take your basic ziplock sandwich bag, then you would fill it more than half way to acquire an ounce.

An ounce is a couple of week's worth to a daily pot smoker.

Now, if it were less than a dime bag, (around 1/8 of an ounce) then he still would have had a decent party bag, and the report would likely have read that he had less than a quarter ounce.

Also, "Hill was found asleep at the wheel of his car at a major intersection at around 4 a.m Saturday morning."

Odds are that he was drunk as could be. There could be no DUI charge if he was not in the driver's seat with the key in the ignition. So there would be no DUI to mention. But he almost certainly was driving in a horrible state.

I'm not saying that I think we should avoid him. Nor that I have any problem with him at all.

Just that having "less than an ounce" just means that he probably wasn't dealing it. And that being asleep at the wheel of a major intersection at 4:00 AM sounds like he narrowly missed getting into alot more trouble than he wound-up with.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I know that the statement had him with "Less than an ounce" of marijuana, but an ounce is a pretty big bag.

If you were to take your basic ziplock sandwich bag, then you would fill it more than half way to acquire an ounce.

An ounce is a couple of week's worth to a daily pot smoker.

No it is not!! It's about one weeks worth!!

Now, if it were less than a dime bag, (around 1/8 of an ounce) then he still would have had a decent party bag, and the report would likely have read that he had less than a quarter ounce.

Also, "Hill was found asleep at the wheel of his car at a major intersection at around 4 a.m Saturday morning."

Odds are that he was drunk as could be. There could be no DUI charge if he was not in the driver's seat with the key in the ignition. So there would be no DUI to mention. But he almost certainly was driving in a horrible state.

This is quite a presumtuous statement. I once fell alseep at an intersection at about 5am with some weed in my car. I had just finished working an 18 hour shift and happen to doze off while waiting at a red light. Does not mean I was in a horrible state at all.

Also, if u are in your vehicle and have the keys in your posession then you can be charged with a DUI as you have care and control of a motor vehicle.

I'm not saying that I think we should avoid him. Nor that I have any problem with him at all.

Just that having "less than an ounce" just means that he probably wasn't dealing it. And that being asleep at the wheel of a major intersection at 4:00 AM sounds like he narrowly missed getting into alot more trouble than he wound-up with.
    He seems like an alright guy to me!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

How about signing Larry Foote once he becomes a free agent? He sounds like a team player and knows about winning coming from the Steelers. Plus, he's been a starter at ILB for the past 4-5 years, played in a 3-4, and is only 28 years old.

how bout both? just because we have Zach Thomas doesn't mean we shouldn't plan for the future and grab two LB's. Hill is 27 and Foote is 28. Put them with Vrabel and DJ and we'd only have to replace Vrabel in the next couple years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    how bout both? just because we have Zach Thomas doesn't mean we shouldn't plan for the future and grab two LB's. Hill is 27 and Foote is 28. Put them with Vrabel and DJ and we'd only have to replace Vrabel in the next couple years or so.
    But do you believe that DJ can play OLB in a 3-4? I know he has the speed and maybe the pass rush ability, but does he have the strength? Not really doubting it, but I'm more wanting to know if you have heard anything.

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    But do you believe that DJ can play OLB in a 3-4? I know he has the speed and maybe the pass rush ability, but does he have the strength? Not really doubting it, but I'm more wanting to know if you have heard anything.
    IMO, his athletic ability would be a waste inside. Plus, the Chiefs don't have another LB with his type of pass rushing speed. He could be a beast like he was at Texas if he's used properly. I think with the additions of solid LBs around him, he's going to have a break out year. He's a play-maker and when offenses are having to account for other players than just him, he may be able to get free more and wreak havoc.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    IMO, his athletic ability would be a waste inside. Plus, the Chiefs don't have another LB with his type of pass rushing speed. He could be a beast like he was at Texas if he's used properly. I think with the additions of solid LBs around him, he's going to have a break out year. He's a play-maker and when offenses are having to account for other players than just him, he may be able to get free more and wreak havoc.
    I fully expect a great year from DJ this year as well. This is a LB friendly defense. I think he has the versatility to play ILB or OLB. With the age of our other LB's, it's very likely he's going to have to play both positions at different points of the season. He's one of the few LB's we have that can pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I fully expect a great year from DJ this year as well. This is a LB friendly defense. I think he has the versatility to play ILB or OLB. With the age of our other LB's, it's very likely he's going to have to play both positions at different points of the season. He's one of the few LB's we have that can pull it off.
    Exactly why we should grab them BOTH.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast