Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Leroy Hill... Right Now!!

Default Leroy Hill... Right Now!!

LET'S GO GET THIS GUY, YESTERDAY!!!!

The Seahawks removed the franchise tag and he's officially a free agent. Let's get another long-term piece for our LB corp.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief31
    Odds are that he was drunk as could be. There could be no DUI charge if he was not in the driver's seat with the key in the ignition. So there would be no DUI to mention. But he almost certainly was driving in a horrible state.
    This is quite a presumtuous statement. I once fell alseep at an intersection at about 5am with some weed in my car. I had just finished working an 18 hour shift and happen to doze off while waiting at a red light. Does not mean I was in a horrible state at all.

Also, if u are in your vehicle and have the keys in your posession then you can be charged with a DUI as you have care and control of a motor vehicle.

Definitely presumption. But I sincerely doubt that he had just finished with practice, as The NFL is his job.

And the circumstances for a DUI charge are likely pretty different in different states. But hat is how it is here.

I wouldn't dare to believe that he was just tired at 4:00 AM.

Presumption? Indeed.

But it is even more presumptuous to search for alibies.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    how bout both? just because we have Zach Thomas doesn't mean we shouldn't plan for the future and grab two LB's. Hill is 27 and Foote is 28. Put them with Vrabel and DJ and we'd only have to replace Vrabel in the next couple years or so.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    But do you believe that DJ can play OLB in a 3-4? I know he has the speed and maybe the pass rush ability, but does he have the strength? Not really doubting it, but I'm more wanting to know if you have heard anything.
    Oh yeah. I believe he would be an ideal OLB in a 3-4. The strength goes on the inside. The OLB needs to rush the passer and drop into coverage.

He has the strength to play OLB in a 4-3, so that's plenty for the 3-4.

Exactly why we should grab them BOTH.
    Haha, alright Tex. I'm good with taking both. Might as well when it's such a weakness for this team. I mean no one can expect Thomas to be an every down LB. Vrabel maybe, so both of those guys would be a huge help. But I understand the idea that DJ has the skill and athleticism to pull off OLB in a 3-4. I do not think that he necessarily has to add weight (James Harrison is only 6', 242 lbs/DJ 6'3", 242 lbs) but he may need to become stronger. I like the idea because this could be the breakout year for DJ because of the 3-4.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Definitely presumption. But I sincerely doubt that he had just finished with practice, as The NFL is his job.

And the circumstances for a DUI charge are likely pretty different in different states. But hat is how it is here.
    DUIs shouldn't be the end all/be all of signing a player. I think most of us would kill to have JA back, DUIs or no.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    DUIs shouldn't be the end all/be all of signing a player. I think most of us would kill to have JA back, DUIs or no.
    Agreed.

But one would want to be aware of the facts if he took the risk of costing his team by getting suspended.

I'll still take him here.

Most of us agree, we still need good LB help. I also expect Dj to have a awesome year. If he was taking his career serious, he's been in the weight room all summer.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    I would be willing to take that chance on him. But if we do, I hope Pioli could arrange some sort of back-loaded contract with behavior clauses. Something that allows us to cut him without cap hits if he is found to be a dumb a$$ again and back-loaded so that he doesnt cost us too much right now.

Honestly, with a LB corps of DJ, Thomas, Vrabel, and Foote OR Hill, the new coaching, and the new look DL, I think our D just went from 30th last year to being in the top half in 2009, and top 10 in 2010.

Im excited, I hope Pioli is on the phone with the agents for both Hill and Foote as I type.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    He seems like an alright guy to me!!
    Yeah, falling asleep at red lights happens. I have fallen asleep twice while waiting at a red light ... during the middle of the day!! One time my foot slipped off the brake and I rolled into the car in front of me. Luckily we both drive beat up trucks so we didnt care.

Granted both times this happened after working in the hospital for 30+ hours straight.

Add Travis LaBoy to this list. The 6'3, 260lb. 27 year old would be a nice addition to the LB corp as well. He was recently released by the Cardinals. (same time as Edge)

With Pendergast being the DC, we should expect the same type of defense he ran in Arizona, which was a 4-3/3-4 hybrid. We're still going to need Hali and at least one more good pass rusher at DE when we run that 4-3.

Add Travis LaBoy to this list. The 6'3, 260lb. 27 year old would be a nice addition to the LB corp as well. He was recently released by the Cardinals. (same time as Edge)

With Pendergast being the DC, we should expect the same type of defense he ran in Arizona, which was a 4-3/3-4 hybrid. We're still going to need Hali and at least one more good pass rusher at DE when we run that 4-3.
    I agree. The coaches are very familar with LaBoy and he would be a good addition. Hill would be nice also, but proball to expensive.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast