Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Leroy Hill... Right Now!!

Default Leroy Hill... Right Now!!

LET'S GO GET THIS GUY, YESTERDAY!!!!

The Seahawks removed the franchise tag and he's officially a free agent. Let's get another long-term piece for our LB corp.

Quote Originally Posted by DynastyTalk View Post
    Agreed, this would be a great signing. And seriously who gives a crap about a measly Pot possession. Unless it turns into something more I could care less. Its pot people. This is 2009. Most of America is smoking, and in most other countries its completely legal.
    First, I doubt that greater than 50% of people smoke pot.

Second, it shows he has a disregard for the rules. Pot is illegal, its a rule. Stupid or not, you have to deal with it. When you play football you have a lot of stupid rules. If you dont follow the rules and blow your assignment, the other team scores a TD.

That having been said, I wish I knew the details, like was it a couple joints, or a brick? That makes a big difference to me.

Oh, and one more thing, marijuana is not legal in any country in the world. And before somebody mentions the Netherlands or Pakistan, there IS a difference between legalization and decriminalization. That being said, if the league says you can't smoke marijuana, then that's what you don't do. Period. It is legal to purchase steroids in India, but would that justify their use in a pro sports league?

Quote Originally Posted by partysan View Post
    Oh, and one more thing, marijuana is not legal in any country in the world. And before somebody mentions the Netherlands or Pakistan, there IS a difference between legalization and decriminalization. That being said, if the league says you can't smoke marijuana, then that's what you don't do. Period. It is legal to purchase steroids in India, but would that justify their use in a pro sports league?
    The way I understood it, by law you can smoke weed in Amsterdam.

As a matter of fact it is legal here too....for medicinal use.

I feel a sudden case of glaucoma coming on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    The way I understood it, by law you can smoke weed in Amsterdam.

As a matter of fact it is legal here too....for medicinal use.

I feel a sudden case of glaucoma coming on.
    Partysan is being pedantic. By decriminalized, he means that you can possess, smoke, and even sell marijuana in approved areas without being arrested. But you can't buy a farm in the Netherlands and grow big fields of pot. That's the difference between legal and decriminalized.

I wouldn't go as far as calling it big fields. You can have five grams of cannabis for personal consumption and not be prosecuted. And you're allowed to grow only five plants of cannabis as well, but you do have to hand them over if you're busted, even if you have only one. But I'm sorry for getting off topic, all I tried to do is say that the Chiefs do not need players that bad as to become another Bengals.

Thought this was about LeRoy Hill? The bottom line is, a lot of people make mistakes. The big question is, will he make another.
    The Seahawks removed the frachise tag, that does not mean that they are not going to try to resign him. They just gave his agent permission to talk to other teams.
    Could the Chiefs use him? You bet, if he's clean. He is a very good LB and with the addtion of the players we have at that position, there will probally be injuries. We are going to need addtional PLAYERS at that position.

I think we should sign him.. 84 tackles in 12 games last year translates to 112 over a full season. Not sure how he'd translate to a 3-4 but he'd probably be pretty good inside next to Zach. He's also only 26.

I doubt we do though.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    I think we should sign him.. 84 tackles in 12 games last year translates to 112 over a full season. Not sure how he'd translate to a 3-4 but he'd probably be pretty good inside next to Zach. He's also only 26.

I doubt we do though.
    He would probally be an ILB in 3-4. That's ok, looks like DJ could be moved outside to rush the passer, IMO

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    He would probally be an ILB in 3-4. That's ok, looks like DJ could be moved outside to rush the passer, IMO
    Is DJ projected inside right now? He strikes me as a perfect OLB for a 3-4. I would have thought Beisel/Williams would have been our other ILB.

What's wrong with signing this guy as an ILB? Put him next to Thomas on the inside and put Vrabel and DJ outside. What's the problem?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast