Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you ready for some football?

Default Are you ready for some football?

I am! Man, I can't wait. And not just to see who wins and loses. I've learned so much about the game of football this past offseason, and I'm ready to watch it now that I have a better understanding.

I have to put a plug in here. Guys, if you wish your woman understood the game better, then I highly recommend getting them "Get Your Own Damn Beer, I'm Watching The Game" by Holly Robinson Peete. Does an excellent job of explaining rules, positions, offenses, defenses, as well as being filled with factoids. Excellent, excellent book, and it's written from a female's perspective.

I'm not expecting the Chiefs to have the greatest season, but that's not why I'm excited to watch them. I'm anxious to see you will be starting, how the offense/defense will do, and how we develop our young players.

I've heard that Herm will do a good job developing a better team, but that he's not a coach that will take us to the Super Bowl. Why not? What is it about him that reminds everyone of Martyball? Also, seeing as how I wasn't a fan during the Marty era, why is it that he could always get us to the playoffs, but never to a Super Bowl?

FOOTBALL SEASON IS HERE!!!!!!!
    Everything happens for a reason.

Who the hell watches football around here?
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Are you ready for some football?
    I loved those lyrics to Monday Night football back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I loved those lyrics to Monday Night football back in the day.
    I still love it when they play that song. Nothing better. Well except when you throw a ton of cash on it and win.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I still love it when they play that song. Nothing better. Well except when you throw a ton of cash on it and win.

True; I watch my copy of the "94" Chiefs vs Donks game at Mile Stadium, and love the intro.

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    I am! Man, I can't wait. And not just to see who wins and loses. I've learned so much about the game of football this past offseason, and I'm ready to watch it now that I have a better understanding.

I have to put a plug in here. Guys, if you wish your woman understood the game better, then I highly recommend getting them "Get Your Own Damn Beer, I'm Watching The Game" by Holly Robinson Peete. Does an excellent job of explaining rules, positions, offenses, defenses, as well as being filled with factoids. Excellent, excellent book, and it's written from a female's perspective.

I'm not expecting the Chiefs to have the greatest season, but that's not why I'm excited to watch them. I'm anxious to see you will be starting, how the offense/defense will do, and how we develop our young players.

I've heard that Herm will do a good job developing a better team, but that he's not a coach that will take us to the Super Bowl. Why not? What is it about him that reminds everyone of Martyball? Also, seeing as how I wasn't a fan during the Marty era, why is it that he could always get us to the playoffs, but never to a Super Bowl?

FOOTBALL SEASON IS HERE!!!!!!!
    Rule #1: Plug in a bber fridge beside your chair so that you never miss a swcond of Chiefs football!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    Rule #1: Plug in a bber fridge beside your chair so that you never miss a swcond of Chiefs football!!
    Or do what I do and have a tv in all the rooms or your house so so matter what you can always see the game.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Damnit Luv!!! Couldn't ya have named this something else. Everytime I see this thread I get that song stuck in my head for 3 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Damnit Luv!!! Couldn't ya have named this something else. Everytime I see this thread I get that song stuck in my head for 3 hours.

I need to go watch the "94" game I was talkin about.

Just show me Montana to Davis and the look on Elways face. That is enough satisfaction for me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast