View Poll Results: Grade the Chiefs for the 2009 Draft *Don't forget the 2nd round trade for Cassel/Vrab

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

9 13.43%
  • B

33 49.25%
  • C

17 25.37%
  • D

7 10.45%
  • F

1 1.49%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Chiefs Draft Grade

Default 2009 Chiefs Draft Grade

So what are your thoughts on the 2009 draft. Vote at the top.

*Please keep in mind that the Chiefs spent their 2nd round pick on Matt Cassell and Mike Vrabel when placimg your grades.

I am also questioning that decision. What I do see is talent on the front and maybe a rotation of our front after someone wins the position.

There is also the possibility of a trade or signing a remaining DT. We do have the money. Here's the available Dt's. Scout.com: 2009 NFL Free Agency DT Rankings

Maybe Robertson deserves a look or Kendrick Allen's big and from LSU but I wouldn't doubt the Chief's brass are looking at free-agency phase 2 now. Honestly, I'm not sure how the draft phased out my grade was on the optimistic side.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    He also said McBride and Tyler were the NT's.
    McBride had better put on 40-50 lbs in the next 4 months if he doesn't want to get blown up at NT.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    McBride had better put on 40-50 lbs in the next 4 months if he doesn't want to get blown up at NT.
    Agreed!!

I definitely give them a B. Would have been an A if they would have taken Curry or Monroe with the first pick.

Overall I guess I'd give a "B"

I gave it a "D" because we needed Aaron Curry and he was available when it was out turn to pick. When I saw that we had not chosen Curry I was dissapointed but not angry. Then I saw the the Seahawks got him. THE PICK AFTER US!!!!!!! I am also sorta annoyed because we didn't get any other LineBacker when we really needed one and we didn't get a safety either when IMO we need another one that can be bilt into a star one. One other thing; why di we get a Kicker, Cundiff is alright isn't he?

I can see some good things coming from what we got, I gave the grade a B. I too would have liked to get Curry, but I think we got what we needed and it will help.

I can see some things being moved around. I could see Hali losing a couple of pounds and being moved to Linebacker. Possibly moving Dorsey to End and playing Tyler in the nose tackle spot. I know that is a lot of moving around, but it is not like offense, I think the front seven can move around like that.

We'll see what the future holds. I would think there might be a couple more moves as well before everything is over.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    I gave it a "D" because we needed Aaron Curry and he was available when it was out turn to pick. When I saw that we had not chosen Curry I was dissapointed but not angry. Then I saw the the Seahawks got him. THE PICK AFTER US!!!!!!! I am also sorta annoyed because we didn't get any other LineBacker when we really needed one and we didn't get a safety either when IMO we need another one that can be bilt into a star one. One other thing; why di we get a Kicker, Cundiff is alright isn't he?
    Curry just wasn't the absolute necessity that a lot of people think he was. With Thomas, DJ, and Vrabel, and having a number of other linebackers we signed in free agency, I think we'll be adequate in the linebacking corps this season. Our weakness was up front, last year, and drafting Tyson Jackson definitely puts some 3-4 talent there.

And our kicker is Connor Barth, not Cundiff.

jb

QUESTION!!!!!! This came into my head saturday after a couple of beers at the draft party. WHY DOES THE NFL DRAFT HAVE TO BE IN NYC EVERY YEAR? Why can't it be hosted by all 32 teams, giving all fans a chance to enjoy the big party. I beleive this is unfair and we should press this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Curry just wasn't the absolute necessity that a lot of people think he was. With Thomas, DJ, and Vrabel, and having a number of other linebackers we signed in free agency, I think we'll be adequate in the linebacking corps this season. Our weakness was up front, last year, and drafting Tyson Jackson definitely puts some 3-4 talent there.

And our kicker is Connor Barth, not Cundiff.

jb
    Sorry, my mistake. Haven't talked about those two guys in a while.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast