Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My KC Post draft - Mock Draft

Default My KC Post draft - Mock Draft

I think everyone here is a little stunned at how the draft played out for the Chiefs. So I decided to put together a post draft Mock draft. I am basing my draft based upon the players that were still on the board when the Chiefs picked in each round.

1st round: Aaron Curry - LB
    3rd Round: Jarron Gilbert - DE
    4th round: Brandon Williams - DE
    5th round: Duke Robinson - OL
    6th round: Andrew Gardner - OT
    7th round: Demetrius Byrd - WR
    7th round: Chris Baker - NT

All players were still on the board, but were passed on. Chris Baker the NT was undrafted. He's got some character concerns but IMO they need to go get him immediately.

Please post yours so we can compare notes.
    Last edited by Coach; 04-26-2009 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    AUSSIE, you know I'm a Curry fan, but we also needed Jackson. Follow our lead little brother and keep the faith and let's hope Pioli and Haley proves they are great football minds.
    GO CHIEFS, SB BOUND AND PRAY TO GOD IT'S NOT HELD IN ENGLAND!!!!!
    Yeah, now that we have pioli now instead of CP we have a better chance at pretty much everything.:) Although I'm still not pleases with the TG trade. BTW I'm pretty sure the SB next year is gonna be held in Miami. So is the Pro Bowl unfortunatley. I like it in Hawaii.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    How does McGee go before Gilbert? Puzzling.
    From what I read and heard is that Magee was rated as the best defensive prospect to come out of Purdue in a couple of years and was highly touted for his size, strength, football smarts, and versatility.

I think the Chiefs valued that the most, IQ and versaility, over production numbers as a majority of Gilberts hype came after his standout senior season and the youtube video. Was considered the second best 3-4 end prospect avalible in the the draft and went around the area scouts had projected (early 3rd).

I think that helped propel him over a raw GIlbert whose stock only began to rise his senior season and after the youtube video.

From what Herm said, it sounds like if it was still the Herm/Carl show, Curry would have been a Chief.

Too bad he would have been coached poorly and had a bottlenecked career

1) Aaron Curry, LB
    3) Jarron Gilbert, DE
    4) Javon Ringer, RB
    5) Herman Johnson, OL
    6) Tiquan Underwood, WR
    7) Troy Nolan, S
    7) Lendy Holmes, S

1st round: Tyson Jackson - DE

Love the pick. We needed a versatile DE with size to make the 3-4 transition.

3rd Round: Alex Magee - DE

Wasn't on my radar before the draft, but I trust Pioli/Haley that he was the next best 3-4 DE. Jarron Gilbert dropped for a reason.

4th round: Herman Johnson - OG

I didn't like the Washington pick, although I understand it. I would rather of had some size on our OL. Plus, it would be our second LSU grad of this draft.

5th round: Colin Brown - OT

I'm not going to pretend I know enough about the OTs this low to second guess the pick.

6th round: Quinten Lawrence - WR

I'm fine with this pick. We badly needed a PR/KR, and he was the best available.

7th round: Curtis Taylor - FS

I hate Page, and would love to find his replacement. Plus, it would be our third LSU grad of this draft.

7th round: Chris Baker - NT

Agreed. Would have been a perfect final pick.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    7th round: Curtis Taylor - FS

I hate Page, and would love to find his replacement. Plus, it would be our third LSU grad of this draft.
    What about DaJuan Morgan? I'd much rather give him a chance at FS if Page falters than some 7th round scrub. Morgan played both safety positions in college. He was Mike Mayock's #2 ranked FS in his class.
    Last edited by yashi; 04-27-2009 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    What about DaJuan Morgan? I'd much rather give him a chance at FS if Page falters than some 7th round scrub. Morgan played both safety positions in college. He was Mike Mayock's #2 ranked FS in his class.
    I dunno. What I saw out of Morgan last year made me think that he's a prototypical SS. I didn't see him as a FS. I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

the more i think about it, the more i'm glad we didn't get curry. he's very appealing, but it's not what our team needed.

now we just to pick up leroy hill from the seahawks. basically an aaron curry without the appeal.

I'm so tired of hearing about Curry. IMO it was a good call to pass on him. We won't Know for sure for a couple of years, but I believe Jackson will be the better player.

Nevermind Curry... he's great, but look at all the people who passed on Maualuga who a number of however many days ago was rated right there with Curry. That was where I wouldn't have minded trading back up... uhhmm yeah. Purely speculative at the moment.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast