Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My KC Post draft - Mock Draft

Default My KC Post draft - Mock Draft

I think everyone here is a little stunned at how the draft played out for the Chiefs. So I decided to put together a post draft Mock draft. I am basing my draft based upon the players that were still on the board when the Chiefs picked in each round.

1st round: Aaron Curry - LB
    3rd Round: Jarron Gilbert - DE
    4th round: Brandon Williams - DE
    5th round: Duke Robinson - OL
    6th round: Andrew Gardner - OT
    7th round: Demetrius Byrd - WR
    7th round: Chris Baker - NT

All players were still on the board, but were passed on. Chris Baker the NT was undrafted. He's got some character concerns but IMO they need to go get him immediately.

Please post yours so we can compare notes.
    Last edited by Coach; 04-26-2009 at 11:18 PM.

Maualuga is a head case. He will fit right in with the rest of the criminals in the Bengals organization.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdDGYsYXHKc"]YouTube - Rey Maualuga grinding on Hotty Erin Andrews[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    I dunno. What I saw out of Morgan last year made me think that he's a prototypical SS. I didn't see him as a FS. I'd be happy to be proven wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimevick View Post
    Maualuga is a head case. He will fit right in with the rest of the criminals in the Bengals organization.

That looks pretty bad. But it all depends upon how well he knows her.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    That looks pretty bad. But it all depends upon how well he knows her.
    I find it hard to believe she's OK with him doing that while she's preparing for her job in front of millions of viewers, no matter how well he knows her. Erin is a classy lady.

1. Aaron Curry- The Chiefs are going to line up with AT LEAST two LBs 34 or older. It would've been nice to have another cornerstone type player in the fold to learn from those two vets. Plus, I believe he represented better value than Tyson Jackson. I'm not completely angry at the Tyson pick because he is a needed piece for the new defense. What made me upset was the fact that Pioli said they weren't trying to trade down and get Jackson. He absolutely would've been been there at number 8 before the Packers picked. But when you look at the board, there just isn't a good trading partner because of how bad the Bengals and Raiders are at the draft. I'm sure the Jags, 49ers and Bills all got the player they wanted. So, if Pioli knew Jackson would've gone to the Packers or Broncos, you can't be too angry at the #3 pick.
    3. Antoine Caldwell- If Haley and Pioli see Dorsey on the outside, why are we taking Magee? This pick really bothered me because we could've found a starter on the O-line, but instead, we essentially draft a third or fourth player rotational player on the end, whether Magee is that guy or pushes another player to that spot. Give me a pure center and push Niswanger over to his natural spot at Guard. But hey. Maybe this pick guarantees Waters is going to stay. They don't seem too concerned about replacing the perennial Pro Bowler... but Peterson didn't concern himself with such matters wither, so who knows.
    4. Donald Washington- I'm going to trust their evaluations on this one. He seems like a GREAT athlete who was hamstrung by injuries. Plus, I can't find anyone I'd rather have than Washington at this pick. Our depth at CB looks great with this pick.
    5. Duke Robinson- Brown isn't going to be our starting RT. Robinson has the skill set to be a starter in a year or so worth of development. Brown is a MASSIVE human being and it would be a wonderful thing if he did develop into a starter. He just seems too slow to me to keep up with the pass blocking... and looking at Haley's past offenses, we're going to need a good pass blocking RT.
    6. Quinten Lawrence- This is THE ONE pick that I was ecstatic over. I've seen this kid play and he's electrifying. I didn't expect him to still be available. I've seen a lot of people saying he's just going to be a return guy, but in Haley's offense, he's going to be a utilized weapon and he has the moves to hit a homerun every time he touches the ball. GREAT PICK
    7. Jarvis Williams- Will probably be a fullback at the NFL level. I can't see him passing Charles or Smith as the 2nd or 3rd RB. Unless he's going to be a FB, this is probably a wasted pick. If he IS FB, he could give the Chiefs a new wrinkle in the offense with his speed at that position.
    7. Jake O'Connell- I heard an interesting theory about this guy. His "measurables" are almost identical to Connor Barwin, the 2nd rd DE/OLB. O'Connell played S/WR in high school. Barwin played TE until his last year in college. Jake is 6'3, 250 and ran a 4.66. Barwin was being compared to Vrabel. If O'Connell lines up with the LB's in training camp, this could be the steal of the draft.
    7. Chase Patton- I like this pick better than a 66% FG kicker. Maybe that's just me.
    Last edited by texaschief; 04-28-2009 at 11:27 PM.

Irrelavent, but here's mine..

Rd. 1....Aaron Curry
    Rd. 3....Alex Magee
    Rd. 4....Jonathon Luigs
    Rd. 5....Duke Robinson
    Rd. 7....Demetrius Byrd
    Rd. 7....Nick Reed
    Rd. 7....Chris Baker
    Last edited by Bike; 04-29-2009 at 09:32 AM.
    SHUT IT

1. Aaron Curry (LB)
    3. Jarron Gilbert (DE)
    4. T.J. Lang (OT)
    5. Duke Robinson (OG)
    6. Cameron Morrah (TE)
    7. Rashad Jennings (RB)
    7. Darryl Beckwith (LB)
    7. Chris Baker (NT)

I wish I didn't bother to do that... now I'm just kind of mad to realize such a draft was possible.

As important as depth is on the D-Line, given that we took Jackson in the first round.. instead of drafting a backup DE, why not take a guy like T.J. Lang, who is ready to immediately start at RT?

ah well, I should really stop looking back at this point.
    Last edited by yashi; 04-29-2009 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Irrelavent, but here's mine..

Rd. 1....Aaron Curry
    Rd. 3....Alex Magee
    Rd. 4....Jonathon Luigs
    Rd. 5....Duke Robinson
    Rd. 6....Jarius Wynn
    Rd. 7....Demetrius Byrd
    Rd. 7....Nick Reed
    Rd. 7....Chris Baker
    Oops. Forgot round 6
    SHUT IT