Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Defense Question

Default Defense Question

I just read a brief article on the Chiefs official site, saying we'll use an odd man front; a 3-5. Who is the extra player? Just a safety lining up in the box on a regular basis? I'm not to familiar with the 3-4 or 3-5 since we've been a 4-3 team for as long as i can remember

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    3-5-3 is used alot at the college level in passing downs to give the appearence of blitzs and such. I know it is seldom used but it is a very effective way to desguise blitzing packages with the appearence of the zone. It's called Zone Blitz combo. You can look like your blitzing by crowding the line and back off or play loose and blitz in, it keeps an offense very honest and sometimes off balance. It is what most people call a Nickel line up.
    the 3-5-3 is just the 3-4 w/a safety in an apparent blitz formation. he and or any number of the other LB's may blitze or drop into coverage at the snap. that is Zone Blitzing that the steelers have developped to an art form and have used to confuse manning & the colts. many other teams are now trying to copy their success, including us.!!

I don't think it's time to give up on any of our defensive players. We are moving to a new scheme and we have a new DC. There will be guys that surprise this year both good and bad.

New scheme, new chance for many of these guys. Especially DJ. I'm very excited about his chances.

I'm also very interested to see how they use Dorsey. As long as he isn't head up on the center, I think he could become more like the player we thought we were drafting.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I don't think it's time to give up on any of our defensive players. We are moving to a new scheme and we have a new DC. There will be guys that surprise this year both good and bad.

New scheme, new chance for many of these guys. Especially DJ. I'm very excited about his chances.

I'm also very interested to see how they use Dorsey. As long as he isn't head up on the center, I think he could become more like the player we thought we were drafting.
    good post. pretty much sums it up for me

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    This is a make or break season for Page. He better step up, or will be shipped out.
    I just noticed in another posted article today that Page is a restricted free agent and has not yet signed his tender.

One has to wonder what he is holding out for. Can't be much.

Of course he did have 62 tackles last season. That is pretty good, but one has to also remember that when the linebackers could not make the stop, the only person left is the safety.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post

Remember they were talking to Will Shields about Doresy and how he thought they were telling him to line up wrong? It seemed to make sense to me.

One thing I'm worried about is if Dorsey is big enough to play Nose Tackle. He has been considered undersized for a DT. As far as I know the Nose Tackle needs to be a pretty big guy to plug up the middle. I wonder if Dorsey could move outside to DE and use his quickness.

Yea witht the right LB's we could really put a hurting on the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by jakesmith View Post
    Remember they were talking to Will Shields about Doresy and how he thought they were telling him to line up wrong? It seemed to make sense to me.

One thing I'm worried about is if Dorsey is big enough to play Nose Tackle. He has been considered undersized for a DT. As far as I know the Nose Tackle needs to be a pretty big guy to plug up the middle. I wonder if Dorsey could move outside to DE and use his quickness.
    Dorsey is playing DE in the 3-4

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123