Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tony Gonzalez says his farewell to KC is only temporary

Default Tony Gonzalez says his farewell to KC is only temporary

Tony Gonzalez said goodbye to Kansas City on Tuesday, but the legendary tight end said he’s merely on loan to the Atlanta Falcons.
    The 10-time Pro Bowler met with reporters Tuesday morning in the revolving restaurant at the top of the Hyatt Regency Crown Center, saying that he might be going to Atlanta now after last week’s trade, but Gonzalez insisted that he’ll someday retire as a Chief.
    Gonzalez was traded to the Falcons last Thursday for a second-round pick in the 2010 NFL draft. It ended the 33-year-old’s 12-year affiliation with Kansas City, which traded up to draft him as a 21-year-old in 1997. He has since broken every major tight end receiving record, and former Chiefs president Carl Peterson on Tuesday said Gonzalez was undoubtedly the best to ever play his position.
    Gonzalez said he planned to play two or three years in Atlanta as he continues to search for playoff success. He said the pursuit of a Super Bowl championship is “everything” to him now, but he said that at the end of his career, he planned to re-sign with the Chiefs for as little as one day, just so he can retire with the team that drafted him.
    Gonzalez also said there was no doubt he’d enter the Pro Football Hall of Fame as a Chiefs player, regardless of what happens with the Falcons.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Wow....this is quite a change from everyone saying they wanted Gonzo to be here and that they wanted a 1st round trade for him and maybe even more. Now it's screw him and the heck with his super bowl. Anyone that plays sports wants to win it all...all the time, if you don't then you aren't playing competively.

Pioli flat out said I don't care who wants what, they're under contract and they'll be a Chief until they aren't. So even if Gonzo wanted to be traded Pioli didn't care. All of this hating on Gonzo makes me scratch my head and wonder how fickle some people are since a few weeks ago everyone seemed to be singing the praises and saying they understood that he wanted a SB ring. Just sayin...

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Wow....this is quite a change from everyone saying they wanted Gonzo to be here and that they wanted a 1st round trade for him and maybe even more. Now it's screw him and the heck with his super bowl. Anyone that plays sports wants to win it all...all the time, if you don't then you aren't playing competively.

Pioli flat out said I don't care who wants what, they're under contract and they'll be a Chief until they aren't. So even if Gonzo wanted to be traded Pioli didn't care. All of this hating on Gonzo makes me scratch my head and wonder how fickle some people are since a few weeks ago everyone seemed to be singing the praises and saying they understood that he wanted a SB ring. Just sayin...
    I have always said that I want him here if he wants to be here. I am not hating on his talents whatsoever, but don't leave the team after asking to be traded (at some point he did ask and rumors were flying all over the place) and act like you are doing me a favor by coming back to KC to retire. But at the end of the day if you don't want to be here then I don't care if u leave. Its not like we are breaking up a SuperBowl contender here!! Tony is a great talent, but I give him the same level of loyalty he gave me. Just sayin...
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post

I am a CHIEFS fan.
    I am not a fan of former Chiefs that don't want to be here.
    SHUT IT

Tony who?

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Tony who?
    Toni Kukoč

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post

are you serious?

Its no brainer hes a HOFer. He never made the assumption himself first, everybody else uncluding division rivals figure that.

I love Gonzo and all the things he gave us something to cheer for. Which is why its sad he made the wrong choice.

If Gonzo were to go to another team I prefered it be the Cards where the rest of the division only had like 6 wins or something like that.
    You tell 'im!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    ...and you know this how? There were plenty of stories about him asking to be traded. Then he denied them, then he got traded. Where there's smoke there's fire.
    I guess so.......

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Did you read the article? It says how he never asked Pioli to b traded. He said it in his own words.

Ok, last year when he wanted to be traded, that was peer speculation, but I think it is obvious why he wanted out at the time.
    Well that is true and untrue. Sometimes he said he DID want to be traded and then later he said he DIDN'T want to be traded. It's just annoying that Pioli traded him during the time he DID NOT want be traded! If a player (especially a HOFer) wants to be traded, trade him when he actually wants to be traded. NOT when he DOES NOT want to be traded! That's what I have to say to Pioli!

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    You tell 'im!!!!!!!!

I guess so.......

Well that is true and untrue. Sometimes he said he DID want to be traded and then later he said he DIDN'T want to be traded. It's just annoying that Pioli traded him during the time he DID NOT want be traded! If a player (especially a HOFer) wants to be traded, trade him when he actually wants to be traded. NOT when he DOES NOT want to be traded! That's what I have to say to Pioli!
    Hall of famer or not, they don't get to decide when they are under contract. Like letting the monkeys run the zoo!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Hall of famer or not, they don't get to decide when they are under contract. Like letting the monkeys run the zoo!!
    he didnt get to decide. Pioli and Haley decided. Gonzalez didnt trade himself.

If Gonzalez couldve decided he wouldve traded himself last year. But we didnt trade him, yet he played and honored his contract and gave us yet another pro bowl performance.

The contracts dont state that the players cant express dissatisfaction. The contracts dont say that the players cant request to be traded.
    Last edited by Sn@keIze; 04-30-2009 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    he didnt get to decide. Pioli and Haley decided. Gonzalez didnt trade himself.

If Gonzalez couldve decided he wouldve traded himself last year. But we didnt trade him, yet he played and honored his contract and gave us yet another pro bowl performance.

The contracts dont state that the players cant express dissatisfaction. The contracts dont say that the players cant request to be traded.
    Does it say that i have to like them if they leave? I am not questioning his integrity, all I have said is that he left and I could care less if he wins a SB in ATL.

Does it say that i have to like them if they leave? I am not questioning his integrity, all I have said is that he left and I could care less if he wins a SB in ATL.
    Hes not going to because the the next SB belong to us.

But if we dont get it:

I appreciate and remember things hes done for the us and hope that he gets his SB.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast