Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tony Gonzalez says his farewell to KC is only temporary

Default Tony Gonzalez says his farewell to KC is only temporary

Tony Gonzalez said goodbye to Kansas City on Tuesday, but the legendary tight end said he’s merely on loan to the Atlanta Falcons.
    The 10-time Pro Bowler met with reporters Tuesday morning in the revolving restaurant at the top of the Hyatt Regency Crown Center, saying that he might be going to Atlanta now after last week’s trade, but Gonzalez insisted that he’ll someday retire as a Chief.
    Gonzalez was traded to the Falcons last Thursday for a second-round pick in the 2010 NFL draft. It ended the 33-year-old’s 12-year affiliation with Kansas City, which traded up to draft him as a 21-year-old in 1997. He has since broken every major tight end receiving record, and former Chiefs president Carl Peterson on Tuesday said Gonzalez was undoubtedly the best to ever play his position.
    Gonzalez said he planned to play two or three years in Atlanta as he continues to search for playoff success. He said the pursuit of a Super Bowl championship is “everything” to him now, but he said that at the end of his career, he planned to re-sign with the Chiefs for as little as one day, just so he can retire with the team that drafted him.
    Gonzalez also said there was no doubt he’d enter the Pro Football Hall of Fame as a Chiefs player, regardless of what happens with the Falcons.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Still dont make me feel better. I hope he gets what he wants.

But Jason Taylor wanted out of the Dolphins and got what he wanted.. only to watch his former team make it to the playoffs while the Redskins sat at home.

Gonzo could end up regretting his decision, especially in the 2010 season.

I'm glad to hear he say he will always be a Chief. Doesn't make me feel any better that he is now a Falcon, but to me he will always be the heart of my Kansas City Chiefs.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?u=2574&type=sigpic&dateline=1233413652

I still don't get it. Tony would rather be a Falcon than a Chief? WTF is that? These one day contracts don't mean jack.

Thanks Tony, I feel so much better that you want to be a Chief in theory!! I will not be cheering for ATL. Sorry u made the wrong choice.

A$$
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    Still dont make me feel better. I hope he gets what he wants.

But Jason Taylor wanted out of the Dolphins and got what he wanted.. only to watch his former team make it to the playoffs while the Redskins sat at home.

Gonzo could end up regretting his decision, especially in the 2010 season.
    It makes me feel a lot better because that what I was disappointed about; Him NOT retiring as a chief and him NOT being enducted into the hall of fame as a chief! So now I'm really happy!

I guess we'll just win the Superbowl without him.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Thanks Tony, I feel so much better that you want to be a Chief in theory!! I will not be cheering for ATL. Sorry u made the wrong choice.

A$$
    I share your sentiments Canada!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I guess we'll just win the Superbowl without him.
    yeah.........D:

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    I don't care is he wants to enter the HOF as a Chief or not, how does he know he will be in it? The audasity of his erogance to make the assumption he will be in just because he holds a few records as a TE. It takes more then that IMO. How many HOFers that never won Championships are in with the one and only team they ever played on? He is a selfish POS IMO. Good riddons.
    IMO that's going a bit far. He has basically already been announced to be a HOFer. Instead of saying "TOUCHDOWN TONY GONZALEZ!!!". They say "TOUCHDWON FUTURE HALL OF FAMER!!!". I do admit that he was be a bit biast and I also agreee that to be a HOF he didn't need to leave the chiefs if that's what he's worried about, but, IMO I'm just happy enouph that he's thinking of returning to the Chiefs!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast