Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bob Gretz DESTROYS Jason Whitlock!!!

Default Bob Gretz DESTROYS Jason Whitlock!!!

THE HAMMER FALLS ON HERM

I shouldn’t do this because all it does is bring more attention to idiocy. But I can’t help myself.
    Kansas City’s biggest sports columnist came out of the second-day of the NFL Draft with a piece that rips Herm Edwards for being Herm Edwards.
    Jason Whitlock’s Monday column eviscerating Edwards’ performance in ESPN’s draft coverage falls into an already bulging file I would call literary larceny, i.e. the Kansas City Star should file a police report saying somebody took their money under the false pretense of actually doing work and writing a column on a timely topic.
    So much to write about over the weekend, just with the Chiefs alone, and this guy smashes the former coach who is no longer part of the equation. Understand that he’s still trying to curry favor with the new regime so there was no critique of the first Pioli/Haley draft. He had to bash somebody because that’s what big, bad columnist do, so he picked a talking head on TV.
    Listen, I watched and heard Herm over the weekend. I was a bit busy with the site and stuff, so I didn’t sit down and sternly evaluate his performance. But what I saw is what I expected: it was Herm being Herm. He took issues and questions and tried to explain them in his own way. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it did not. Anybody that expected him to rip apart a draft pick, a team or a player doesn’t know Herm. That’s why they had Mel Kiper on the broadcast. Actually, I enjoyed most of what I saw from the former coach. Considering he’s never been in that forum before, he actually seemed quite comfortable during the Sunday broadcast.
    Here’s the problem that Whitlock and his ilk have right now: they have no villain in the Chiefs story. For years Carl Peterson was the bad guy they got all the written darts and verbal bombs. He’s not there anymore. In the last three years, they enjoyed throwing heat at Edwards, but now he’s no longer part of the Chiefs equation. Larry Johnson is keeping his mouth shut and showing up for workouts, so it’s hard to fire one across his bow.
    They just can’t let Peterson and Edwards go, so Whitlock steals another day’s pay at his inflated rate while dozens of his former Star co-workers continue trying to survive on unemployment. That’s a greater crime against journalism than anything Herm Edwards did on TV over the weekend.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Not regarding the thread starter:
    Although Herm Edwards didn't do all that well coaching our team. I'm confisent he'll do an alright job on this.

So, why would Gretz even waste his time with this? Because he's a moron that's looking for any kind of story.

This makes him no better than Whitlock.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

We all know Witlock is a moron, so why talk about it.

It's fatlock being fatlock. Kinda like Manny being Manny.

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    It's fatlock being fatlock. Kinda like Manny being Manny.
    Except in Manny's case there is some positive to outweigh the negatives

(pun intended)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

... someone had to say it. it's about time that Whitlock starts getting some sh!t from his own colleagues. they need to run him out of town like Chicago did to the uber negative Jay Marriotti.

look, i saw Herm and he was no better or worse than the other guys, he was just herm. as far as Gretz bashing whitlock, whitlock deserves to be pummled by CHIEFS fans everywhere but not for this but for his entire body of work. i never really liked his views on the CHIEFS but the time he was wearing a colts jersey while doing a remote the day of the CHIEFS / COLTS game eternaly burned his name onto my crap list. i wish him nothing but the worst for his career and hope he soon joins the growing ranks of the unemployed and if he ever works again it should be for the raiders.

:flamethrower51235:Makes me want to play so sorry for you on the :character0051: not! Instead I think I will :band23:

I agree with Jason.....it was uncomfortable to watch Herm as he compared player picks to baking an apple pie and talking about dents in fenders and needing a body shop, etc......the pro commentators were shaking thier heads in agreement but had to be thinking this guy is not gonna work:)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast