Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sign Travis LaBoy

Default Sign Travis LaBoy

Cards release James, also cut Hood, LaBoy -- baltimoresun.com

although he is a bit injury prone if he can stay healthy and negotiate for a reasonable contract he's a beast and one not to be overlooked.

i say sign him. seems the most likely out of the recent trend of released vets (or to be released vets)

comments?

edit: and it fits with the 'familiarity' philosophy that Haley/Pioli like in FAs
    Last edited by DT14PRIEST; 04-29-2009 at 06:14 AM.

Not bad but how many part timers do we need?

His stats aren't that impressive tbh.. And he has hardly started all games in a season yet. We need a pass rushing linebacker and a new center more.. :)

Quote Originally Posted by brish View Post
    His stats aren't that impressive tbh.. And he has hardly started all games in a season yet. We need a pass rushing linebacker and a new center more.. :)
    agreed

We need a pass rushing linebacker and a new center more.. :)
    He is exactly that; a prototypical 4-3 end/3-4 olb. Had 4 sacks in 4 games before injuries hampered his season.

If he can continue that production you're looking at a double digit sack total (10+) and a player that knows the defensive system we're switching to which means less down time and more production.

I think he's worth it.

he have enough bad players, we don't need guys that bad defenses don't even want.

Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    He is exactly that; a prototypical 4-3 end/3-4 olb. Had 4 sacks in 4 games before injuries hampered his season.

If he can continue that production you're looking at a double digit sack total (10+) and a player that knows the defensive system we're switching to which means less down time and more production.

I think he's worth it.
    Ok i'll bite. :)

He has never started all 16 games in a season during his 5 year career, he has never even played 16 games in a season..!
    This is my biggest concern with him, he doesn't seem to be able to stay healthy..

Furthermore he has never had 10+ sacks a year, most was in 2005 with 6.5, on average he has 4.7 which isn't horrible, but its still no way near 10+ a year.

Hali averages 6.1 over 3 years, almost 8 his first 2 years. (Last year was really ****ty!)

Jason Taylor on the other hand averages 10 sacks per during his 12 year career, however he is getting old. So he might not be the answer either. I thought he was a couple of years younger tbh.. :confused:

I don't want anymore too old LB's though, but i guess the free agent market is getting rather slim for good pass rushers huh?

Ok i'll bite. :)

He has never started all 16 games in a season during his 5 year career, he has never even played 16 games in a season..!

This is my biggest concern with him, he doesn't seem to be able to stay healthy..

Furthermore he has never had 10+ sacks a year, most was in 2005 with 6.5, on average he has 4.7 which isn't horrible, but its still no way near 10+ a year.

Hali averages 6.1 over 3 years, almost 8 his first 2 years. (Last year was really ****ty!)
    sign him to a two year/whatever$$ deal and feel it out. I'm not trying to hide the fact that he's injury prone but you grab him and you have Hali in the wings thats a double headed threat I wouldn't mind having. Then if Hali pans out you dont renew his [LaBoy] contract and let him go.

Hali is best when he doesn't have to be 'the guy'. one year where he has to be 'the guy' he gets 3 sacks. I think with him and LaBoy in this new preadator role we will see it pay some dividends.

Whatever makes the other QB lie flat on his back..! :)

Whatever makes the other QB lie flat on his back..! :)
    RIGHT ON!!!!!!
    DEFENSE, DEFENSE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast