Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The 2009 NFL Draft - My Opinion

Default The 2009 NFL Draft - My Opinion

This is what I give each Pick:

Round #1 - I feel that our first pick was not thought through properly. Tyson Jackson is a good player and all but IMO we needed Aaron Curry a lot more. He was available but we didn't seize the moment! My grade for our first pick is "D-".

Round #3 - I unfortunately don't know all that much about Alex Magee so I'll give our 2nd round pick a grade of "C".

Round #4 - To be completely honest with you guys I am quite fond of Donald Washington. He is a good player in my eyes. The only problem is that IMO we don't really need a CB, we needed a safety, which I would have been happier to have drafted. My Grade for this pick is “B+”.

Round #5 – Colin Brown I think was an alright choice. We needed An Offensive Lineman and we got one. Although I think instead of Drafting Alex Magee, instead we should’ve drafted an O-Lineman then instead of in round 4. My grade for this pick is “B”.

Round #6 – Quinten Lawrence IMO was a bit unnecessary. I don’t see the point of drafting a Wide Receiver when we already have 9 others. And only recently we had 10 Wide Receivers! My grade for this pick is “C-”.

Round #7 – Personally I can’t actually make up my mind about Javarris Williams. Not for the how well he plays, but for the fact of “How much do we actually need him?”. If Larry Johnson gets cut, we will need a RB unless Jamaal Charles can become a star player. Personally I think he can, I like him as a player and he played very well in 2008 IMO. He is also my favorite rookie for 2008. My grade for this pick is “C+”.

Round #8 – Another Wide Receiver. My opinion on this pick is the same as the one on Round #5. My grade for this pick is “C-“

Round #9 – This pick was a surprise to me. I wasn’t expecting for us to draft a Kicker at all. It wasn’t an unpleasant one though. I DO hope he develops into a great kicker that can smash the ball for over 50 yards though! I don’t see what’s wrong with our current kicker though. My grade for this pick is “B”.

Well now you guys know what I think of this year’s NFL Draft. Can’t wait until the Pre-season commences!

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I really thought we should have found a replacement for Page THIS year. Hell, he can't get out of the way of his own teammates, is always out of position, and consistently misses tackles. Page needs to go.
    Yeah, Page is awful. He tries so hard to get the INT that he keeps giving up the big play. Not to mention that he can't tackle or figure out the schemes. He'd even be worse in the 3-4, where he'll be asked to hit and hit hard most down (Rodney Harrison, Chris Hope, etc.).

I understand why we didn't upgrade the position in FA or the draft. We had too many needs with our QB, OL, and front seven to worry about FS. Still, it is going to be a mess this year. You know, Rodney Harrison is a free agent . . .

I wouldn't be shocked to see Morgan or even (gulp) McGraw be our starter opening day over Page.

Quote Originally Posted by NWA Chief View Post
    is that all you got out of my whole post? yes vrable is a face we need but he wont be the one for the next 7 years. hes already 34, im talkin about a guy that plays lights out that we can look forward to every year. this is a first to have an experienced vet come in like this for us. I can't use Donnie Edwards because last year he did nothing.
    And 2: Maybe DJ or TJ can turn into that lights out player you are referring to;
    And 3: No, you can't use Donnie Edwards - because he's been released.
    SHUT IT

Noob??? are you kidding me? I stated I can't use Donnie Edwards as an experienced vet that could come in and help us out LAST YEAR, like everyone thought he could. Yes I know he has been cut, as a matter of fact, I would like to see what the coaches have as the starting 4 LB's. Everyone is guessing but I see alot of possibilities and im just confused on if Vrabel is one of our OLB's or ILB's. If hes an OLB then we should immediately pick up Foote. I dont think that is the case though, which makes it hard to figure out who is opposite DJ. Yes I hope Pollard becomes the face of our D. I dont see Tyson Jackson being it because he will make plays, but not necessarily tackles.....He'll open up tackles for the LB's and S's so he'll be the unsung kinda guy.
    Last edited by NWA Chief; 05-03-2009 at 02:51 PM. Reason: forgot

Quote Originally Posted by NWA Chief View Post
    Noob??? are you kidding me? I stated I can't use Donnie Edwards as an experienced vet that could come in and help us out LAST YEAR, like everyone thought he could. Yes I know he has been cut, as a matter of fact, I would like to see what the coaches have as the starting 4 LB's. Everyone is guessing but I see alot of possibilities and im just confused on if Vrabel is one of our OLB's or ILB's. If hes an OLB then we should immediately pick up Foote. I dont think that is the case though, which makes it hard to figure out who is opposite DJ. Yes I hope Pollard becomes the face of our D. I dont see Tyson Jackson being it because he will make plays, but not necessarily tackles.....He'll open up tackles for the LB's and S's so he'll be the unsung kinda guy.
    Vrabel is an OLB.

Zach Thomas is an ILB.

Monty Beisel is an ILB.

DJ and DeMorrio Williams will probably shift between ILB and OLB.

If we sign Foote, he will be an ILB. Our starters will be DJ/Foote/Thomas/Vrabel.

Personally I'm hoping Dj has a breakout year. He's been disappointing so far in his career. maybe under this new system he can excel.

Jeeez, did you all wet the bed last nite? "I think it's funny" is kinda a phrase, I'm so sorry for offending anybody. So of the older talent were brought in not only to play football but to teach it as well, to give leadership to the younger members. After this season is over Pioli will have a much better feel for the team as a whole, he will know who's gonna make it and who's not, the draft will be much different then it was this year. Some of the people that Pioli brought in were very good in there day and that's just some of the knowlage he wants passed on. Not everyone will like his picks and he won't care, it's what they do when there time comes that matters. He is where he is for a reason, so yea, we have to trust him untill he gives us a reason not to.

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    Jeeez, did you all wet the bed last nite? "I think it's funny" is kinda a phrase, I'm so sorry for offending anybody. So of the older talent were brought in not only to play football but to teach it as well, to give leadership to the younger members. After this season is over Pioli will have a much better feel for the team as a whole, he will know who's gonna make it and who's not, the draft will be much different then it was this year. Some of the people that Pioli brought in were very good in there day and that's just some of the knowlage he wants passed on. Not everyone will like his picks and he won't care, it's what they do when there time comes that matters. He is where he is for a reason, so yea, we have to trust him untill he gives us a reason not to.
    Well saikd!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234