Thread: KCChiefs.com : Pulling his leg

Default KCChiefs.com : Pulling his leg

Ryan Succop may be the Mr. Irrelevant of the 2009 NFL draft, but there's nothing irrelevant about the role for which he'll be auditioning. An inability to settle on a reliable kicker has been among the slew of problems bedeviling the Chiefs in

More...

May Mr. Irrelevant 2009, become relevant! Maybe even a star.

I can't, for the life of me, figure out how kcchiefs.com keeps perpetuating this myth that we have some sort of problem with our current kicker. Connor Barth was 100% on field goals, with the exception of one game, in which he missed the only two he missed after taking over.

His misses were on a crappy day, weather-wise, and one of them was from over 50 yards away, so all in all, not a bad season at all for a kicker (100% on XP).

Let's concentrate on Defense and Offense.

jb

Competition at ANY position is not a bad thing.
    SHUT IT

I think taking a kicker as Mr. Irrelevant is about the best a team can do. Cause kickers seem to come out of nowhere and become stars. I think Barth did an ok job last year, but as previous posters have stated, competition is a good thing.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?u=2574&type=sigpic&dateline=1233413652

I don't care who kicks the ball as long as they can do it proficiently.

And Connor kicks the ball pretty proficiently. Now, I won't argue that competition in the offseason is a good thing, as it does make the established guys all want to work hard and keep their jobs.

Of course, this guy has been nicked up, and the worry is that had an affect on his range.

And there are two words tossed about to remind everyone why drafting kickers is bad....

Justin Medlock