Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We got an A- grade

Default We got an A- grade

IM happy that professionals are giving us a good grade on our draft and once again the raiders get an F lol

AFC grades: Stockpiling Pats earn high marks - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppachief View Post
    IM happy that professionals are giving us a good grade on our draft and once again the raiders get an F lol

AFC grades: Stockpiling Pats earn high marks - NFL - Yahoo! Sports
    Good link, an actual writer that knows a thing or two about football.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    Good link, an actual writer that knows a thing or two about football.
    Agreed entirely. Many writers just aren't getting it.

Our entire draft was built around the premise of (1) getting a real rush defense; and (2) getting depth in the later rounds. That's it. And given that we had one first day pick, the fact that we accomplished both goals makes this draft (excluding maybe a couple later picks) a pretty great one.

Here is what the NFL.com says about our draft.

Source

Chiefs: If there were any doubts that Pioli and coach Todd Haley are all about the concept of team, look at what's gone on this week alone. They trade away the one true face of the franchise, tight end Tony Gonzalez -- for a 2010 second round pick, at that -- then they draft non-marquee players at non-marquee positions through most of the draft.
    Pioli, using the successful formula he learned over the years with Belichick, wants to build the Chiefs from the guts out. He started by selecting LSU defensive end Tyson Jackson, who wasn't considered among the top defenders at the front end of the draft but he was the best defensive end for what Pioli and Haley want to build. The next two picks also came on defense and the fourth was an offensive lineman.
    Take away Matt Cassel (who hasn't taken a snap for the Chiefs), running back Larry Johnson and maybe wide receiver Dwayne Bowe and name another player on the Chiefs roster in three seconds. Take a little longer than that doesn't it? Now, take away Tom Brady, Randy Moss and Wes Welker and name another player

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    Here is what the NFL.com says about our draft.

Source

Chiefs: If there were any doubts that Pioli and coach Todd Haley are all about the concept of team, look at what's gone on this week alone. They trade away the one true face of the franchise, tight end Tony Gonzalez -- for a 2010 second round pick, at that -- then they draft non-marquee players at non-marquee positions through most of the draft.
    Pioli, using the successful formula he learned over the years with Belichick, wants to build the Chiefs from the guts out. He started by selecting LSU defensive end Tyson Jackson, who wasn't considered among the top defenders at the front end of the draft but he was the best defensive end for what Pioli and Haley want to build. The next two picks also came on defense and the fourth was an offensive lineman.
    Take away Matt Cassel (who hasn't taken a snap for the Chiefs), running back Larry Johnson and maybe wide receiver Dwayne Bowe and name another player on the Chiefs roster in three seconds. Take a little longer than that doesn't it? Now, take away Tom Brady, Randy Moss and Wes Welker and name another player
    Exactly. I think NFL.com is trying to say that we did well, but it started off as a little backhanded. No matter, I think we did do well. Our defense is better this year, and after last year there was not too many places to go but up.

I really am still fuming over the AFCPTWRU trade, AND with the fact that we traded him on NEXT year's draft. I still have to wonder how that helps us this year, but maybe it does, there are a lot of moves that can happen yet this season.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

i think we did well mike mayock was saying that tyson jackson was a safe pick. and that he was alot less likely to be a bust than raji. that being said i do not care what the draft grades are right now. when the chargers drafted ryan leaf everybody and i mean everybody gave them an a+ look how that turned out

Nice find bigpappachief!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Nice find bigpappachief!
    I agree.

I can hardly wait until September!

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post

Offense,
    Cassell(QB)
    LJ(RB)
    Duane Bowe(WR)
    Bobby Engram(WR)
    Terrence Copper (WR)