Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First time to Arrowhead- Need some info

Default First time to Arrowhead- Need some info

I am a die hard Chiefs fan and am finally flying into KC to watch our beloved Chiefs play Oakland (sept 20). I have been a fan since the Deron Cherry days but have always went to sports bars or ordered Directv to watch the games over the years. I am obviously beside myself at the chance to watch the Chiefs play at Arrowhead.

I am needing to know some info before I buy tickets to the game.

I want to sit in the 100 level on the Chiefs side (sections 116 thru 121 -don't wanna have to look at the backside of Raider pukes during the game)

1) Is there a row too low that the players block the view of the game? Trying to get as close as I can, but with having an unobstructed view.. what has been your experince in regard to aa good close seat

2) Any suggestions on what Hotel I can stay at to simply walk to the game?

Thanks in advance guys and gals

Quote Originally Posted by oregonchieffan58 View Post
    I am only 5'9, but figured (hoping) that I will be jumping out my seat for the majority of the game. I heard somewhere about having to be up a certain amount of rows or you couldn't see anything, so I wanted to check

I was in row 9 two years ago and I was waaay above all the players. I can't say from personal experience what the seats are like but I doubt they would have any seat that is not able to see the game. you might not see all the action at both ends of the field as well but it will be awesome in front of you!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Is that the one right beside the Denny's? I wanted to check that one out too.

As far as the seats, u do get a better view from up high, but I like filed level. Get into the party. near the players is awesome!! I personally love the end zone seats. Hard to see half the game but it s great when they are coming towards you!!

yeah, even my wife liked it there!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Is that the one right beside the Denny's? I wanted to check that one out too.

As far as the seats, u do get a better view from up high, but I like filed level. Get into the party. near the players is awesome!! I personally love the end zone seats. Hard to see half the game but it s great when they are coming towards you!!

yeah, even mife wife liked it there!

I have the ability to buy 2 tickets in section 118 or 120; although not cheap I am interested in buying (figure spending a little money on my first game tickets at arrowhead is OK). Anyways, they are row 2... is that almost too close to where I will be looking at KC's backs the entire time and can't watch the game?

If Anyone can tell me the lowest row I can sit and still see over the players and close to the action would be appreciated
    You can sit at row one and see above the players at your height but if you get the seats behind the Oakland bench there will be a lot (and I mean A LOT) of hecklers that day!

I only get bottom level seating every now and then when a friend gets tickets and can honestly say all the seats are good.

But I agree with honda the best seats (and where my season tickets are) is top level next to the railing. I don't have 50 yard line, just a little to the left :P

Oh man there are almost no bad seats at arrowhead! the loudest and most storied stadium in the NFL. I stayed at the holiday inn at the sports complex right across from the stadium, it was an awesome experience, but just so you know, arrowhead is way on the outskirts of KC, so its a bit of a cab ride away from fun KC nightlife bars.

Also, BE PREPARED AND BUY YOUR BEER THE NIGHT BEFORE THE GAME!!! There is this rule in KCMO that you can't buy beer before 10:00 AM on sundays!

Arrowhead is the greatest home a chiefs fan could ever ask for. I almost became a Royals fan by proxy.

Quote Originally Posted by sammyboy909 View Post
    Arrowhead is the greatest home a chiefs fan could ever ask for. I almost became a Royals fan by proxy.

IMO thats the worst seats in the house, mainly cause when the ball is at the other end, you can't really see whats going on.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

I am only 5'9, but figured (hoping) that I will be jumping out my seat for the majority of the game. I heard somewhere about having to be up a certain amount of rows or you couldn't see anything, so I wanted to check
    Dude, I am 5'5" I have been in most of the sections, not really but you know I have been like in the Endzone and other various point of views and your height shouldn't effect you.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

A. )There is no row that is "too low" and obstructs your view from players on the bench....the first row is high enough that you see over the players bench (think when they give high fives walking in at halftime)...

B.) In my opinion, anywhere closest to the 50 yard line (row isnt as big of a deal to me...) is the best, as you can see all the action...endzone seats have a little more "party" atmosphere to them i think...but obviously you sacrifice a half of good football to watch, so whatever tickles your fancy...

as far as hotels, i cant really comment on that because i have never had to stay in one after the game, i just go home :)

I only sit in the lower level for preseason games. I buy tickets in the end zone for about 15 dollars each, then move to the 50 yard line in the second half, right behind the Chiefs bench.

For regular season, I prefer the upper levels, but not above row 15 if possible. Sections in the 320's (322-326) are what I like the best, in the middle of the field with an awesome view of the whole stadium. I have got lucky the past two years and bought tickets at face value from a guy. They were in section 321, row 5. Great Seats!!

In my opinion, you cannot go wrong with any seat in Arrowhead. Every seat is great and the atmosphere is just mind blowing. And when the planes or Stealth Bomber flies over? Goosebumps, everytime!! HOME OF THE CCCHHHIIIEEEFFFSSS!!!
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?u=2574&type=sigpic&dateline=1233413652

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast