Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rumor central....

Default Rumor central....

KC's first and one of our seconds next year for A. Boldin.

you heard it here first. keep in the mind that first could be a top 3. owwwww scary.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Very, very few teams that draft WRs high look smart for doing it in the long run. The Cards (Fitz) do. The Rams (Holt) do. But most (Bengals, Browns, Steelers, Texans, Lions, Redskins, Bears) don't in the long run. As great as Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Plaxico Burress, or Braylon Edwards might be, they didn't help the team that drafted them win anything.

Almost every successful team has (1) a good/great OL, (2) a good/great DL, (3) a good/great QB, and (4) a good/great HC/GM. Until you've built the first three, it's usually a losing formula to build the other positions in the first round.
    IMO, the Az Cardinals have neither of your 1st 2 qualifications. They went to the Superbowl.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    IMO, the Az Cardinals have neither of your 1st 2 qualifications. They went to the Superbowl.
    Yeah, the 2008 Cards, like the 2006 Colts, were pretty aberrant. I would state that because they don't have the great lines, that the Cards are probably flash-in-the-pan. They aren't going to be annual contenders like the Steelers, Pats, Chargers, Eagles, Giants, or Colts.

Also, the Cards got very lucky in the postseason, in that they never faced an overwhelming opponent. The Cards played a team with rookie QB (Atlanta), the decimated Panthers, and the 6-seed Eagles. Not exactly a murderer's row.

By the way, I'd give a lot to know how the Colts stay contenders. They seem to draft like the Lions or Raiders every single year, with emphasis on skill players and not enough on their lines. They don't use FA. The only explanation I can think of is that Bill Polian is a genius, and he can find massive value in the later rounds for his OL and DL. Also that Peyton Manning is maybe the best QB alive today.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    By the way, I'd give a lot to know how the Colts stay contenders. They seem to draft like the Lions or Raiders every single year, with emphasis on skill players and not enough on their lines. They don't use FA. The only explanation I can think of is that Bill Polian is a genius, and he can find massive value in the later rounds for his OL and DL. Also that Peyton Manning is maybe the best QB alive today.
    Colts are the prime example of a polar opposite to the Ravens. A team with an excellent leader (Manning) good to very good complimentary players (Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, Anthony Gonzalez, Addai etc...) and a good OL to produce results while having a couple of good players on the Defensive side of the ball (Bob Sanders/Dwight Freeney) to make them average.

They're basically a more polished version of what the Cardinals are aspiring to be; not necessarily balanced in all facets of the game but completely dominant on one side of the ball without totally neglecting the other two phases of the game.

I doubt Arizona will ever be as good as the Colts at that gameplan (Peyton Mannings are a rare commodity especially in today's college football game) but if they can find a solid replacement for Warner [or if Leinart ever develops into a legit QB] I can see the Cards being a perennial contender in the NFC West for a while.

But as it looks now the Cards will be only as hot as Warner is.

Edit: I digress, the same applies to the Colts. Peyton makes that team what it is.

Edit 2: The Chiefs were almost like that (Colts/Cards) save for the fact that we were excellent in two phases of the game (Offense and Special Teams) but horrendous on the defensive front hence the lack of post season success.
    Last edited by DT14PRIEST; 05-04-2009 at 11:13 PM.

never gonna happen. thats way to exspensive, plus remember when he was screamin at haley on yhe sideline?? dont think thats the type of player they want to deal with

i think this forum got way off topic. wheres the rumors at?

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    i think this forum got way off topic. wheres the rumors at?
    I heard we were talking to some guy named Fran Tarkington.

Any rumors or info on where-abouts Larry Foote wants to wind-up now that the Steelers have released him? Also what type of deal he's looking for would be good?

Quote Originally Posted by KristofLaw View Post
    Any rumors or info on where-abouts Larry Foote wants to wind-up now that the Steelers have released him? Also what type of deal he's looking for would be good?
    He met with the Lions today, and it'd still be a surprise if they don't sign him. I read he wants to play close to home, which happens to be Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by KristofLaw View Post
    He is saying he wants to play for Detroit (its his hometown). No idea on the deal parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    He met with the Lions today, and it'd still be a surprise if they don't sign him. I read he wants to play close to home, which happens to be Detroit.
    Why would anyone want to play in Detroit? Hell, why does anyone live in Detroit?

Come on Larry, come to KC!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast