Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rumor central....

Default Rumor central....

KC's first and one of our seconds next year for A. Boldin.

you heard it here first. keep in the mind that first could be a top 3. owwwww scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    He did say almost and Fitz has not always been this good. He started out kinda like Bowe. Dbo has the potential to be as good as fitz if not better.
    DBowe has the size, and jumping ability to be a Randy Moss caliber receiver. He just needs to work on his routes, and his dropped passes. People that do not put him in the top 10 receivers list are sorely mistaken, as this man is a beast, and will get better.

Boldin is a perfect fit without a doubt. He creates so many mismatches for defenses its crazy, and you know Haley is well aware of it. He can pick up the slack left by the departure of dear Tony G and make those tough catches underneath. He is a physical specimen that can use his size and strength to get position on corners and safeties but no linebacker in the game can run with him.

We have the money. I think it would be an awesome move if we gave up both next years second rounders to get him. If it absolutely comes down to a first and second round pick, I say its still a good deal and Pioli pulls the trigger.

no way will he part with 2 2nd's, the pats value 2nd almost more than their 1sts....they think they can get a starter at 1/10 the price, and with their scouting, its probably true(not the best 2nd round rate for the Pats since 2000 but oh well)

Boldin at 28 is not worth 2 top 60 players in next years draft....not in my opinion of what Pioli terms as value.

What about Waters and our 2nd for Boldin?

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    What about Waters and our 2nd for Boldin?
    We've only got three decent OL now, and you won't to get rid of one of them?

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Fitz's last two years have been phenominal!!! I'm ok with DBowe being our guy for now but he has miles to go before he is even in the ball park with Fitz. Put it this way, if Boldin were to be traded here, Bowe would instantly become the #2 receiver. If we have any semblance of a running game this year, coupled with the fact that we brought in Ingram, I forsee Bowes # of catches going down which could actually be a good thing because it would mean we are more balanced.
    I am not saying that, I am saying that I think it is fair to compare their first two years. I also think that it is fair to say that Bowe has the potential to be as good or better. Not saying he will, but could be.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I am not saying that, I am saying that I think it is fair to compare their first two years. I also think that it is fair to say that Bowe has the potential to be as good or better. Not saying he will, but could be.
    It is not fair. Fitz does not drop balls. He has some of the best hands in the NFL and has been since he was drafted.

Bowe is good for one drop a game, specially in clutch situations.

Fitz plain out makes plays. Bowe kills drives.

I hope he gets to that level. Like seek says, his drops have killed drives on man occassions. If you guys were able to see Fitz play on a weekly basis, we wouldn't be talking about this. Its really so far away from reality it is crazy!!!! Fitz just plain gets it done!!!! He would out jump Bowe 9 out of 10 times and that other time he would just take the ball from Bowe! If Bowe can become half the receiver that Fitz is, we will have an absolute stud on our team.. I think he definetely needs to work on his hands though. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    There is no doubt that Bowes achillies heel is his dropped balls. Alot of it could be himself or the reality of it could be the QB inability to put the ball where he can grab it. Fitz has Kurt Warner throwing him the ball, Kurt understands that if the ball can't be put where he can catch it, not to throw it to him. Thiggy prolly knows this but in the heat of the game breaks down and doesn't always do it which leaves Bowe grabbing and reaching for the ball which result in drops. It's not always the recievers fault in those situations ;)
    i do not find that to be that true. i can not count how many times warner threw the ball in the visinity of fitz and fitz made a juggernaut catch that is fitzgeralds deal throw it near him and he will go get it. i think it is fair to compare fitzgerald and bowe as far as their first few years hopefully bowe can be just as good as fitzgerald starting this year

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    It is not fair. Fitz does not drop balls. He has some of the best hands in the NFL and has been since he was drafted.

Bowe is good for one drop a game, specially in clutch situations.

Fitz plain out makes plays. Bowe kills drives.
    Bowe's dropped 13 balls over the past two years. That isn't great, but it isn't as bad as people are implying.

Fitzgerald had a HOF QB throwing him the ball the past two seasons. Bowe had a journeyman, a has-been, and a never-was.

Fitzgerald had a real HC and WR coach. Bowe didn't.

Nevertheless, the production of the two in their first two years is nearly identical. Bowe had more drops, certainly. But he didn't have Fitz's advantages either.

Bowe was one of our very few bright spots in 2007 and 2008. There are 20 other starters to blame before we start blaming Bowe for our 6-26 record.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast