Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rumor central....

Default Rumor central....

KC's first and one of our seconds next year for A. Boldin.

you heard it here first. keep in the mind that first could be a top 3. owwwww scary.

Fitz is the best receiver in the NFL right now...

give Bowe a chance....he has dropped a few balls, sure. but hes not butterfingers....hes coming into his third season now, so he will get better...he better now that Tony G is gone...

And no way are we getting Boldin...i dont really think him and Haley's relationship is all gumdrops and unicorns either like everyone seems to think...plus we would never give up more than a 2nd rounder for something we dont even need...

ANOTHER RECEIVER???

Quote Originally Posted by KottkeKU View Post
    Fitz is the best receiver in the NFL right now...

give Bowe a chance....he has dropped a few balls, sure. but hes not butterfingers....hes coming into his third season now, so he will get better...he better now that Tony G is gone...

And no way are we getting Boldin...i dont really think him and Haley's relationship is all gumdrops and unicorns either like everyone seems to think...plus we would never give up more than a 2nd rounder for something we dont even need...

ANOTHER RECEIVER???
    There is a difference between the Webbs and the Boldins of the world. Pioli put together a world class WR corps in NE by trading for guys like Welker and Moss instead of sticking with the Rache Caldwells and the Jabar Gaffneys of the world. It isn't out of the realm to expect him to trade for a world class WR if the price is right.

If Pioli would give up a 2nd and 7th for Welker, he'd do the same for Boldin.

As much as I like Bradley and Engram, they aren't even close to Boldin's level.

I'd like to see it happen. The money's there, and Bowe, Boldin, Bradley, and Engram would be probably the best receiving corps we've ever seen the likes of here in KC.

I'm not gonna hold my breath on this trade though...

If you take a step back, see that the line is done for this year, one more LB will be added, secondary is done, QB's are done, Hb's will be quite the competition, FB we hope to have figured out, OL is stacked with depth and guys we need to find out if they can start or not. We even have competition at Kicker, and rumors of a punter even took place despite having Colquitt. People overlook our new kicker was hurt last year, had to change his approach.

But the point is, there is a huge hole at wideout, where with a heavy 3 wideout system, you expect 3 guys that can start, right now we have...1, maybe 2.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    There is no doubt that Bowes achillies heel is his dropped balls. Alot of it could be himself or the reality of it could be the QB inability to put the ball where he can grab it. Fitz has Kurt Warner throwing him the ball, Kurt understands that if the ball can't be put where he can catch it, not to throw it to him. Thiggy prolly knows this but in the heat of the game breaks down and doesn't always do it which leaves Bowe grabbing and reaching for the ball which result in drops. It's not always the recievers fault in those situations ;)
    Could not disagree more!!!! Warner does not throw perfect ball every time but Fits seems to come up with AMAZING catches week in and week out! Go back and watch the 08 playoffs. The Carolina game he made a catch that was unreal. He is head and shoulders better than Bowe!!

Cassel needs a target that can run routes. Get Boldin if possible but not for a 1st round pick.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Cassel needs a target that can run routes. Get Boldin if possible but not for a 1st round pick.

tell me a reciever even drafted #1 that is beter then Boldin?/ and you'd still pay him the same money even though he'd be an un proven rookie. I say Bolding is "worth" a #1 pick. shuld we do it?? NO. Should we do a #2 pick and maybe a 6 or 7??/ YES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    tell me a reciever even drafted #1 that is beter then Boldin?/ and you'd still pay him the same money even though he'd be an un proven rookie. I say Bolding is "worth" a #1 pick. shuld we do it?? NO. Should we do a #2 pick and maybe a 6 or 7??/ YES!!!
    I really don't think ANY reciever is worth a #1 pick. JMHO.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I really don't think ANY reciever is worth a #1 pick. JMHO.
    Very, very few teams that draft WRs high look smart for doing it in the long run. The Cards (Fitz) do. The Rams (Holt) do. But most (Bengals, Browns, Steelers, Texans, Lions, Redskins, Bears) don't in the long run. As great as Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Plaxico Burress, or Braylon Edwards might be, they didn't help the team that drafted them win anything.

Almost every successful team has (1) a good/great OL, (2) a good/great DL, (3) a good/great QB, and (4) a good/great HC/GM. Until you've built the first three, it's usually a losing formula to build the other positions in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    <--- Go Barry!

LOL That is classic !!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast