Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Chiefs QB Brodie Croyle Outshined By Damon Huard

  1. #1
    Sweets Guest

    Default Chiefs QB Brodie Croyle Outshined By Damon Huard


    0 Not allowed!
    Source: Jason King, Kansas City Star

    Damon Huard had a much better night in the Chiefs' scrimmage Sunday than Brodie Croyle as the two players battled to become the starting quarterback. Huard threw the most impressive pass of the practice, a 21-yard touchdown pass to Tony Gonzalez. Croyle struggled. He had one pass intercepted by Heath Farwell, a reserve linebacker. Farwell should have intercepted a second Croyle pass, but he dropped it instead. On another play, Croyle had rookie wide receiver Maurice Price open, but threw a bad pass and an incompletion. Sports Illustrated's Peter King mentioned how shaky Croyle looked, throwing multiple interceptions. Croyle did better earlier in the sessions to be fair. Huard is going to have to out-play Croyle by a wide margin in the preseason to win the starting job.

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Posts
    3,715
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Damon has been the guy I have been rooting for all along
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

    Official thread killer I have heard.

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Grain Valley, MO
    Posts
    2,425
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
    Source: Jason King, Kansas City Star

    Damon Huard had a much better night in the Chiefs' scrimmage Sunday than Brodie Croyle as the two players battled to become the starting quarterback. Huard threw the most impressive pass of the practice, a 21-yard touchdown pass to Tony Gonzalez. Croyle struggled. He had one pass intercepted by Heath Farwell, a reserve linebacker. Farwell should have intercepted a second Croyle pass, but he dropped it instead. On another play, Croyle had rookie wide receiver Maurice Price open, but threw a bad pass and an incompletion. Sports Illustrated's Peter King mentioned how shaky Croyle looked, throwing multiple interceptions. Croyle did better earlier in the sessions to be fair. Huard is going to have to out-play Croyle by a wide margin in the preseason to win the starting job.
    I know, I know. Croyle's supposed to be our future but this hardly seems fair.

    Why... WHY???-- Do the Chiefs always have to mess around with keeping their most capable players on the bench??? As an organization and coaching staff they have a RESPONSIBILITY to put the best players on the field to give us a chance to win. If this is not happening, they are not reaching the basic expectations associated with thier job -- much less excelling at it. I've seen this so many times with the Chiefs, I can't remember what year it is now! All the years I have watched football tend to mesh together after seeing the exact same damn scenario over and over again.

    If Huard is playing better, he gives us a better chance to win. If he is playing better, Huard wins the job. Period. I'm trying to stay optimistic about this season but I'm really effin tired of seeing my team bench our best guy!
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    2,049
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    I know, I know. Croyle's supposed to be our future but this hardly seems fair.

    Why... WHY???-- Do the Chiefs always have to mess around with keeping their most capable players on the bench??? As an organization and coaching staff they have a RESPONSIBILITY to put the best players on the field to give us a chance to win. If this is not happening, they are not reaching the basic expectations associated with thier job -- much less excelling at it. I've seen this so many times with the Chiefs, I can't remember what year it is now! All the years I have watched football tend to mesh together after seeing the exact same damn scenario over and over again.

    If Huard is playing better, he gives us a better chance to win. If he is playing better, Huard wins the job. Period. I'm trying to stay optimistic about this season but I'm really effin tired of seeing my team bench our best guy!
    Why...WHY would you bench someone who's playing better? Just out of loyalty? Huard is a backup. That's what he was last year. He did what he needed to as that. If Croyle is outplaying Huard, and he's our QBOTF, then why are you so against starting him. You say we're benching the most capable player. How do you know that when you've never seen Croyle play?
    Everything happens for a reason.

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Posts
    3,715
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    Why...WHY would you bench someone who's playing better? Just out of loyalty? Huard is a backup. That's what he was last year. He did what he needed to as that. If Croyle is outplaying Huard, and he's our QBOTF, then why are you so against starting him. You say we're benching the most capable player. How do you know that when you've never seen Croyle play?
    Nice point.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

    Official thread killer I have heard.

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,044
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 246
    Given: 436

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
    Source: Jason King, Kansas City Star

    Damon Huard had a much better night in the Chiefs' scrimmage Sunday than Brodie Croyle as the two players battled to become the starting quarterback. Huard threw the most impressive pass of the practice, a 21-yard touchdown pass to Tony Gonzalez. Croyle struggled. He had one pass intercepted by Heath Farwell, a reserve linebacker. Farwell should have intercepted a second Croyle pass, but he dropped it instead. On another play, Croyle had rookie wide receiver Maurice Price open, but threw a bad pass and an incompletion. Sports Illustrated's Peter King mentioned how shaky Croyle looked, throwing multiple interceptions. Croyle did better earlier in the sessions to be fair. Huard is going to have to out-play Croyle by a wide margin in the preseason to win the starting job.

    Saved by the bell curve.


  7. #7
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Grain Valley, MO
    Posts
    2,425
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    Why...WHY would you bench someone who's playing better? Just out of loyalty? Huard is a backup. That's what he was last year. He did what he needed to as that. If Croyle is outplaying Huard, and he's our QBOTF, then why are you so against starting him. You say we're benching the most capable player. How do you know that when you've never seen Croyle play?
    Did you read the original post? Huard is outperforming Croyle... I don't care WHO it is, just PLEASE put the best guy on the field. If Croyle is going to throw a bunch of picks, I don't want to see him "play". Same goes for Huard. I just want the best guy on the field that gives us the best chance to win. That's all, and if this is not happening, then the coaches are not doing their jobs. If Croyle is crappy in the preseason, what reason do we have to think that he will do better in the regular season when the gameplay speeds up and intensifies in terms of pressure and difficulty?? If he needs more time to develop, fine. Let him develop and learn on the bench again. I'm not making a case that Huard is better. I'm saying put the guy on the field who wins the job, period. For us to think we need to start Croyle this season because he is the 'future' is lunacy, imo. So many franchises have started mediocre players over good ones because they don't want to look like they drafted the wrong guy. Especailly with QB's (look at the Cleveland Browns over the last 15 years or so). I've seen this scenario with KC QB's so many times... Nevermind. It's just old and I'm tired of throwing playoff games away because we feel like we have some kind of obligation to a guy thats through, that's all. The ONLY difference between this year's "QB controversy" and the prior ones of the last decade is the season hasn't started yet.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Posts
    3,715
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    Did you read the original post? Huard is outperforming Croyle... I don't care WHO it is, just PLEASE put the best guy on the field. If Croyle is going to throw a bunch of picks, I don't want to see him "play". Same goes for Huard. I just want the best guy on the field that gives us the best chance to win. That's all, and if this is not happening, then the coaches are not doing their jobs. If Croyle is crappy in the preseason, what reason do we have to think that he will do better in the regular season when the gameplay speeds up and intensifies in terms of pressure and difficulty?? If he needs more time to develop, fine. Let him develop and learn on the bench again. I'm not making a case that Huard is better. I'm saying put the guy on the field who wins the job, period. For us to think we need to start Croyle this season because he is the 'future' is lunacy, imo. So many franchises have started mediocre players over good ones because they don't want to look like they drafted the wrong guy. Especailly with QB's (look at the Cleveland Browns over the last 15 years or so). I've seen this scenario with KC QB's so many times... Nevermind. It's just old and I'm tired of throwing playoff games away because we feel like we have some kind of obligation to a guy thats through, that's all. The ONLY difference between this year's "QB controversy" and the prior ones of the last decade is the season hasn't started yet.
    Well put!
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

    Official thread killer I have heard.

  9. #9
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,091
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    Did you read the original post? Huard is outperforming Croyle... I don't care WHO it is, just PLEASE put the best guy on the field. If Croyle is going to throw a bunch of picks, I don't want to see him "play". Same goes for Huard. I just want the best guy on the field that gives us the best chance to win. That's all, and if this is not happening, then the coaches are not doing their jobs. If Croyle is crappy in the preseason, what reason do we have to think that he will do better in the regular season when the gameplay speeds up and intensifies in terms of pressure and difficulty?? If he needs more time to develop, fine. Let him develop and learn on the bench again. I'm not making a case that Huard is better. I'm saying put the guy on the field who wins the job, period. For us to think we need to start Croyle this season because he is the 'future' is lunacy, imo. So many franchises have started mediocre players over good ones because they don't want to look like they drafted the wrong guy. Especailly with QB's (look at the Cleveland Browns over the last 15 years or so). I've seen this scenario with KC QB's so many times... Nevermind. It's just old and I'm tired of throwing playoff games away because we feel like we have some kind of obligation to a guy thats through, that's all. The ONLY difference between this year's "QB controversy" and the prior ones of the last decade is the season hasn't started yet.
    We have had other QB controversies since the Grbac/Gannon debacle?
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Grain Valley, MO
    Posts
    2,425
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    We have had other QB controversies since the Grbac/Gannon debacle?
    Last year. I know I'm not alone in thinking that Huard should have at least gotten a shot in the second half of the playoff game against the colts. Especially after the 3 bad games and miserable performance Trent put on in the first half. (I know it was the entire offense not just one guy but cmon.... I like Trent but he killed us last year!)
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •