Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chiefs QB Brodie Croyle Outshined By Damon Huard

Sweets Guest

Default Chiefs QB Brodie Croyle Outshined By Damon Huard

Source: Jason King, Kansas City Star

Damon Huard had a much better night in the Chiefs' scrimmage Sunday than Brodie Croyle as the two players battled to become the starting quarterback. Huard threw the most impressive pass of the practice, a 21-yard touchdown pass to Tony Gonzalez. Croyle struggled. He had one pass intercepted by Heath Farwell, a reserve linebacker. Farwell should have intercepted a second Croyle pass, but he dropped it instead. On another play, Croyle had rookie wide receiver Maurice Price open, but threw a bad pass and an incompletion. Sports Illustrated's Peter King mentioned how shaky Croyle looked, throwing multiple interceptions. Croyle did better earlier in the sessions to be fair. Huard is going to have to out-play Croyle by a wide margin in the preseason to win the starting job.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    don't forget....

League MVP and Pro Bowl starter.

Good move there Marty.

Meh! Herm is just following in the footsteps of his mentor, and over achieving.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Not to be a thorn here but I hardly doubt Brodie Croyle is going to be the QB of the future. I know they drafted him to be but he was hardly a top tier QB in college and I expect the same in his NFL career. If the Chiefs go through a few bad years and get a decent draft position, it wouldn't surprise me if they took a QB if there were one that was a stud. Now obviously they need to sure up the O line but I don't think they think Croyle is the saviour nor do I. He may be another Frye or Couch in a few years.
    Excellent post.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I would say that the guy drinks too much of his own bath water but he probably bathes in KC Masterpiece.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Not to be a thorn here but I hardly doubt Brodie Croyle is going to be the QB of the future. I know they drafted him to be but he was hardly a top tier QB in college and I expect the same in his NFL career. If the Chiefs go through a few bad years and get a decent draft position, it wouldn't surprise me if they took a QB if there were one that was a stud. Now obviously they need to sure up the O line but I don't think they think Croyle is the saviour nor do I. He may be another Frye or Couch in a few years.
    Even if he was a stud, no one would want to start him. Always the case. We'll never develop a QB. We'll keep trading in hopes of finding one. Quite disappointing.
    Everything happens for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    Even if he was a stud, no one would want to start him. Always the case. We'll never develop a QB. We'll keep trading in hopes of finding one. Quite disappointing.
    I gotta agree; tryin to find a quick fix for the here and now and never thinking long term.

Never know.... He could be the next Tom Brady too. If we never take that chance, we will never know.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Never know.... He could be the next Tom Brady too. If we never take that chance, we will never know.

Ditto!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123