Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: Boldin is a SERIOUS possibility

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    120
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Boldin is a SERIOUS possibility


    0 Not allowed!
    after i read he reported to minicamps, i thought it was a fat chance we'd get him. but i dont know. all of the sudden im feeling that by tomorrow we're going to hear the news that he's coming to KC.

    azcentral.com clicky clicky

    I probably should have put this in the other thread, but such news deserves it's own. I hope Pioli is working the phones right now.
    Last edited by northwest; 05-01-2009 at 04:25 PM.

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kansas city, MO
    Posts
    2,242
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by northwest View Post
    after i read he reported to minicamps, i thought it was a fat chance we'd get him. but i dont know. all of the sudden im feeling that by tomorrow we're going to hear the news that he's coming to KC.

    azcentral.com clicky clicky

    I probably should have put this in the other thread, but such news deserves it's own. I hope Pioli is working the phones right now.
    The article realy doesn't say too much. If it happens, most of us will be happy;

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    120
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    The article realy doesn't say too much. If it happens, most of us will be happy;
    i know it doesn't say too much, but after hearing that he reported, it seemed like boldin was going to be content, and now it doesn't seem that way. the fact that he reported and he wasnt traded in the draft made me think it would really be nice, but it probably wouldn't end up happening, even if it seems right.

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Fort Madison, Iowa
    Posts
    1,467
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    This post is absolutly nothing IMO. It seems that it is more of your desire than actual news and thats all good but, you should have put it in the other post. I would love to see Boldin as a Chief, doubt it will happen with his contract situation and as in the past, players don't get to choose where they play while under contract. He will not be put on the trading block of any kind IMO so that would mean Pioli would have to make a initiative move to aquire him and that is not his style. If Arizona were to say he is ok to inquire about which I doubt, Pioli would possiblly make an offer but fact is he won't go after him unless he knows it's ok with the Cards to do so.
    We say this often but lets just have a closer look at 2 other pro bowlers that have been under contract this season:

    Tony Gonzales- Wanted traded, wish fulfilled.

    Jay Cutler- Wanted Traded, wish fulfilled.

    Bottom line is, you will not get the true production out of a player if he does not want to be there, case in point Chad Johnson, or OCHO SINCO whatever. So this trade is very possible, and in fact Boldin is likely to be traded somewhere before pre season starts.

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    548
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    We say this often but lets just have a closer look at 2 other pro bowlers that have been under contract this season:

    Tony Gonzales- Wanted traded, wish fulfilled.

    Jay Cutler- Wanted Traded, wish fulfilled.

    Bottom line is, you will not get the true production out of a player if he does not want to be there, case in point Chad Johnson, or OCHO SINCO whatever. So this trade is very possible, and in fact Boldin is likely to be traded somewhere before pre season starts.
    Meh...Tony wanted out last season as well but still played at his usual level last season. I think if he was still here he would've done the same and played to his potential.

    That being said...

    Jay on the other hand I could see holding out till week 10 (week players have to show up to earn a paycheck for that season).

    But you're right most teams will entertain the thought of trading/releasing a disgruntled pro bowler (don't forget Edge)

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    1,852
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Regardless of any rumors about the Cardinals reducing the asking price, they will still require more than we have to offer. The rumors are said to be untrue about reducing the asking price of a 1st and a second to just a second round pick. I would not look for this to happen any time soon if at all. The Cardunals are willing to sit his *** if he doesn't want to contribute and they don't get a reasonable offer.

    Note: As of draft day the Cardinals had only been contacted by 3 teams and heard only 1 offer. ONE!!!

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    120
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    This post is absolutly nothing IMO. It seems that it is more of your desire than actual news and thats all good but, you should have put it in the other post.
    didn't i say that i probably should have put it in the other thread? i appreciate your opinion, but we view the news on different levels.

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pauls Valley, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,162
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    It's all nothing but rumors and wishful thinking..

  9. #9
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    I agree, we definatly view news on different levels. I see it for fact and you see your own opinion and wish as news. However you wanna do it but my statement is still the same. You should have posted it in the other thread as IMO , personal opinion is not news.

    I think that what was being viewed as news was the report that Boldin had not been to camp.

    His opinion was added, with that news in mind.

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    1,852
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    Even still, would you have posted this in it's own thread? I wouldn't. If you or I had done this we would get the same treatment so all I am doing is making my statement about it. He posted it in it's own thread because he wanted everyone to see his opinion. The title says it. I disagree with his opinion, Boldin would be a great addition but I don't believe he will be part of the team this year.
    1. he is under contract
    2. Arizona hasn't agreed to allow him to speak with other organizations.

    Other then that he can wish all he wants but that shouldn't warrant it's own thread. I did the same thing when I first joined here and got my head ripped off , I am attempting to be kind about it.
    Are you really going to continue to argue about where something should have been posted????? WOW!!!! I thought myself, Canada and 31 argued about stupid stuff!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. boldin to KC??
    By Pro_Angler in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-24-2009, 11:37 PM
  2. boldin wants out of arizona
    By slc chief in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 04-21-2009, 06:43 PM
  3. John Clayton says Crennel still a possibility despite Gibbs/Pendergast
    By yashi in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 08:00 PM
  4. Another draft possibility under the radar- Jason Smith?
    By HokieChief 09 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-17-2009, 10:26 AM
  5. Anquan Boldin
    By texaschief in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 08-28-2008, 02:53 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •