Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boldin is a SERIOUS possibility

Default Boldin is a SERIOUS possibility

after i read he reported to minicamps, i thought it was a fat chance we'd get him. but i dont know. all of the sudden im feeling that by tomorrow we're going to hear the news that he's coming to KC.

azcentral.com clicky clicky

I probably should have put this in the other thread, but such news deserves it's own. I hope Pioli is working the phones right now.
    Last edited by northwest; 05-01-2009 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by northwest View Post
    after i read he reported to minicamps, i thought it was a fat chance we'd get him. but i dont know. all of the sudden im feeling that by tomorrow we're going to hear the news that he's coming to KC.

azcentral.com clicky clicky

I probably should have put this in the other thread, but such news deserves it's own. I hope Pioli is working the phones right now.
    The article realy doesn't say too much. If it happens, most of us will be happy;

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    The article realy doesn't say too much. If it happens, most of us will be happy;
    i know it doesn't say too much, but after hearing that he reported, it seemed like boldin was going to be content, and now it doesn't seem that way. the fact that he reported and he wasnt traded in the draft made me think it would really be nice, but it probably wouldn't end up happening, even if it seems right.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    This post is absolutly nothing IMO. It seems that it is more of your desire than actual news and thats all good but, you should have put it in the other post. I would love to see Boldin as a Chief, doubt it will happen with his contract situation and as in the past, players don't get to choose where they play while under contract. He will not be put on the trading block of any kind IMO so that would mean Pioli would have to make a initiative move to aquire him and that is not his style. If Arizona were to say he is ok to inquire about which I doubt, Pioli would possiblly make an offer but fact is he won't go after him unless he knows it's ok with the Cards to do so.
    We say this often but lets just have a closer look at 2 other pro bowlers that have been under contract this season:

Tony Gonzales- Wanted traded, wish fulfilled.

Jay Cutler- Wanted Traded, wish fulfilled.

Bottom line is, you will not get the true production out of a player if he does not want to be there, case in point Chad Johnson, or OCHO SINCO whatever. So this trade is very possible, and in fact Boldin is likely to be traded somewhere before pre season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    We say this often but lets just have a closer look at 2 other pro bowlers that have been under contract this season:

Tony Gonzales- Wanted traded, wish fulfilled.

Jay Cutler- Wanted Traded, wish fulfilled.

Bottom line is, you will not get the true production out of a player if he does not want to be there, case in point Chad Johnson, or OCHO SINCO whatever. So this trade is very possible, and in fact Boldin is likely to be traded somewhere before pre season starts.
    Meh...Tony wanted out last season as well but still played at his usual level last season. I think if he was still here he would've done the same and played to his potential.

That being said...

Jay on the other hand I could see holding out till week 10 (week players have to show up to earn a paycheck for that season).

But you're right most teams will entertain the thought of trading/releasing a disgruntled pro bowler (don't forget Edge)

Regardless of any rumors about the Cardinals reducing the asking price, they will still require more than we have to offer. The rumors are said to be untrue about reducing the asking price of a 1st and a second to just a second round pick. I would not look for this to happen any time soon if at all. The Cardunals are willing to sit his *** if he doesn't want to contribute and they don't get a reasonable offer.

Note: As of draft day the Cardinals had only been contacted by 3 teams and heard only 1 offer. ONE!!!

This post is absolutly nothing IMO. It seems that it is more of your desire than actual news and thats all good but, you should have put it in the other post.
    didn't i say that i probably should have put it in the other thread? i appreciate your opinion, but we view the news on different levels.

It's all nothing but rumors and wishful thinking..

I agree, we definatly view news on different levels. I see it for fact and you see your own opinion and wish as news. However you wanna do it but my statement is still the same. You should have posted it in the other thread as IMO , personal opinion is not news.

I think that what was being viewed as news was the report that Boldin had not been to camp.

His opinion was added, with that news in mind.

Even still, would you have posted this in it's own thread? I wouldn't. If you or I had done this we would get the same treatment so all I am doing is making my statement about it. He posted it in it's own thread because he wanted everyone to see his opinion. The title says it. I disagree with his opinion, Boldin would be a great addition but I don't believe he will be part of the team this year.
    1. he is under contract
    2. Arizona hasn't agreed to allow him to speak with other organizations.

Other then that he can wish all he wants but that shouldn't warrant it's own thread. I did the same thing when I first joined here and got my head ripped off , I am attempting to be kind about it.
    Are you really going to continue to argue about where something should have been posted????? WOW!!!! I thought myself, Canada and 31 argued about stupid stuff!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast