Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Windows 7

Default Windows 7

I just thought we should have a new thread for Windows 7, seeing as it has nothing to do with Linux.
    If you guys need any tips feel free to ask, I have been using Windows 7 since January, and have grown very accustom to it. Some helpful tips/hints to get you started:

#1...STOP USING DESKTOP... It is no longer needed with Windows 7, you can simply pin your most used/favorite programs to the taskbar at the bottom now. That means you dont have to close windows or press the start button to get to the program you want.

#2....When your looking to do ANYTHING at all on your computer, the easiest way minus the taskbar is to press the windows button, and simply type any thing your looking to do in the search box at the bottom. this is the best feature in my opinion. For example if you want to burn a dvd but dont want to go through all the hassle all you have to do is simply>press windows button>type dvd, and its the first thing that comes up.

#3.....Virtual Sticky Notes on your desktop rules, and Gadgets can go anywhere now, not just on a stupid sidebar.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    What kind of Home Networking issues are you having Chiefster?
    For some reason I am unable to network my Windows 7 PC with any of my other PCs running Vista and XP. They will display in my network list but will not connect to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    For some reason I am unable to network my Windows 7 PC with any of my other PCs running Vista and XP. They will display in my network list but will not connect to them.
    That's not good...........

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    That's not good...........
    Well it's not ideal, I just hope the full upgrade version I purchased resolves the issue.

Well it's not ideal, I just hope the full upgrade version I purchased resolves the issue.
    Yeah...

I just pre-ordered and purchased the October 22 full version of Windows 7 being offered at half price for 49.99 + 3.90(Tax)=53.89. I ordered through Amazon.com and the shipping was free!
    Yes, I ordered through WalMart.

I'm excited about getting it.

It's $150 more than I really want to spend but too good of a price not to upgrade all 3 of our main PC/laptops.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    It's $150 more than I really want to spend but too good of a price not to upgrade all 3 of our main PC/laptops.

No doubt! If I wasn't laid off I would have done the same.

Has anyone put Apache on Windows 7 yet?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

What about Filezilla FTP server?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast