Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows 7

Default Windows 7

I just thought we should have a new thread for Windows 7, seeing as it has nothing to do with Linux.
    If you guys need any tips feel free to ask, I have been using Windows 7 since January, and have grown very accustom to it. Some helpful tips/hints to get you started:

#1...STOP USING DESKTOP... It is no longer needed with Windows 7, you can simply pin your most used/favorite programs to the taskbar at the bottom now. That means you dont have to close windows or press the start button to get to the program you want.

#2....When your looking to do ANYTHING at all on your computer, the easiest way minus the taskbar is to press the windows button, and simply type any thing your looking to do in the search box at the bottom. this is the best feature in my opinion. For example if you want to burn a dvd but dont want to go through all the hassle all you have to do is simply>press windows button>type dvd, and its the first thing that comes up.

#3.....Virtual Sticky Notes on your desktop rules, and Gadgets can go anywhere now, not just on a stupid sidebar.

I am able to share files with my wife's laptop running Vista, but not with my spare PC running XP.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I am able to share files with my wife's laptop running Vista, but not with my spare PC running XP.
    I just went and checked, and after I reinstalled the RC from the beta, I cant access the XP pc's hard drive either. The only thing I am allowed to do, is transfer files from my xp computer into the Windows 7 PC, but I cant do the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    I just went and checked, and after I reinstalled the RC from the beta, I cant access the XP pc's hard drive either. The only thing I am allowed to do, is transfer files from my xp computer into the Windows 7 PC, but I cant do the opposite.

Ok, must not be compatible beyond Vista then. So much for backwards compatibility.

I just posted a question asking about this at the Windows 7 Forums here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...4-fdb57391752e

If I find a solution, I will let you know.

I just posted a question asking about this at the Windows 7 Forums here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...4-fdb57391752e

If I find a solution, I will let you know.

Too funny, I found it before I saw your post here and replied to it. I, too, will be watching the thread for a solution.

Too funny, I found it before I saw your post here and replied to it. I, too, will be watching the thread for a solution.
    That is funny, I thought Greg's situation sounded alot like yours...

That is funny, I thought Greg's situation sounded alot like yours...
    Yup, and now that everyone here knows my name; what does KC stand for.

Yup, and now that everyone here knows my name; what does KC stand for.
    Kevin Christopher, and my favorite team

Kevin Christopher, and my favorite team

Good name! Gotta like the initials.

What's the problem in here?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast