Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows 7

Default Windows 7

I just thought we should have a new thread for Windows 7, seeing as it has nothing to do with Linux.
    If you guys need any tips feel free to ask, I have been using Windows 7 since January, and have grown very accustom to it. Some helpful tips/hints to get you started:

#1...STOP USING DESKTOP... It is no longer needed with Windows 7, you can simply pin your most used/favorite programs to the taskbar at the bottom now. That means you dont have to close windows or press the start button to get to the program you want.

#2....When your looking to do ANYTHING at all on your computer, the easiest way minus the taskbar is to press the windows button, and simply type any thing your looking to do in the search box at the bottom. this is the best feature in my opinion. For example if you want to burn a dvd but dont want to go through all the hassle all you have to do is simply>press windows button>type dvd, and its the first thing that comes up.

#3.....Virtual Sticky Notes on your desktop rules, and Gadgets can go anywhere now, not just on a stupid sidebar.

Anyone know if photoshop will work with windows 7?

From what I have read it works just fine.

I will ask my GF to reboot her machine.

If the Windows 7 dual boot is still there I will let you know.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

So far 7 is everthing I've heard or read about it. No major problems. It is difinatley ssmooth and fast.

I'm gonna use it eventually full time probably.

Still love my XP though.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Ok Gorrila, I tried using my dvd player and it shut down windows 7. Do you have any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    Ok Gorrila, I tried using my dvd player and it shut down windows 7. Do you have any ideas?
    Are you talking about the DVD disc drive? Or the Windows media player? Anyways if its the disc drive, you probably need to update the drivers for it, seeing as this is a new OS. If its Windows media player, then I have no clue. I havent experienced problems with either, but the first thing I did once Windows 7 was installed, was go to the start button, and search update device drivers. Once your their, go to the device and update drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I'm gonna use it eventually full time probably.

Still love my XP though.
    Me too, but make no mistake about it XP is going away.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Me too, but make no mistake about it XP is going away.
    Sadly. I also still love my XP but it would be good to get windows 7. I mean now there are 2 newer windows Operating Systems' than Xp.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Sadly. I also still love my XP but it would be good to get windows 7. I mean now there are 2 newer windows Operating Systems' than Xp.
    Newer does not always equate to better.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast