Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows 7

Default Windows 7

I just thought we should have a new thread for Windows 7, seeing as it has nothing to do with Linux.
    If you guys need any tips feel free to ask, I have been using Windows 7 since January, and have grown very accustom to it. Some helpful tips/hints to get you started:

#1...STOP USING DESKTOP... It is no longer needed with Windows 7, you can simply pin your most used/favorite programs to the taskbar at the bottom now. That means you dont have to close windows or press the start button to get to the program you want.

#2....When your looking to do ANYTHING at all on your computer, the easiest way minus the taskbar is to press the windows button, and simply type any thing your looking to do in the search box at the bottom. this is the best feature in my opinion. For example if you want to burn a dvd but dont want to go through all the hassle all you have to do is simply>press windows button>type dvd, and its the first thing that comes up.

#3.....Virtual Sticky Notes on your desktop rules, and Gadgets can go anywhere now, not just on a stupid sidebar.

I told my dad about Windows 7 when I found out about it abouut 4 weeks ago and he said we might be getting it. I hope we do, it looks really good to use. Better than vista ofcourse and maybe evan better than XP. XP has been the most popular for many years, let's see if Windows 7 can overtake it.

Outstanding VG!

Rep!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Outstanding VG!

Rep!
    I'll second that!

Anyone using the 64 bit version?

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Anyone using the 64 bit version?
    Thanks for the rep fellows, I will share the love

I am indeed using the 64 bit version because it is as fast as Otis Nixon....I don't use the 64 bit internet explorer though because almost no websites function well with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    Thanks for the rep fellows, I will share the love

I am indeed using the 64 bit version because it is as fast as Otis Nixon....I don't use the 64 bit internet explorer though because almost no websites function well with it.
    Including the chiefscorwd?

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Including the chiefscorwd?
    Actually its been updated since the beta, it works quite well now. I still prefer Firefox over everything though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    Actually its been updated since the beta, it works quite well now. I still prefer Firefox over everything though.
    I stopped using firefox becasue the window (page in browser) starts bouncing after about 10 seconds of using it.

Using Windows 7 now and so far is working great, with the exception of some printer issues!

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast