Thread: KCChiefs.com : Time to Stop the Run

Default KCChiefs.com : Time to Stop the Run

There was a lot of attention paid last year to the fact that the Chiefs defense established a new record for pass rush futility in the history of the NFL. Ten sacks in 16 games. Ten sacks in 532 passing plays by their opponents. If the Chiefs are

More...

With the changes already made with personnel and with a new defensive scheme probably going in, I'd have to guess our defense will be in at least the top 30% in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    With the changes already made with personnel and with a new defensive scheme probably going in, I'd have to guess our defense will be in at least the top 30% in the league.
    Bold statement! I'd like to think so as well, but the truth of the matter is that we have a lot of guys who haven't played together before and will be adjusting to a new scheme. 30th to 10th in one year would be tough!

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Bold statement! I'd like to think so as well, but the truth of the matter is that we have a lot of guys who haven't played together before and will be adjusting to a new scheme. 30th to 10th in one year would be tough!
    I wasn't as down on our players from last year as I was with the way they were being utilized.

I think Tank will do well at NT and with Jackson Dorsey and McGee rotating at DE we have a very solid DL. WE should be able to stop the run this year.
    With the addition of Vrabel, Thomas and Biesel, our LB are greatly improved and are also good against the run and moderatly good in pass defense.
    I understand we don't seem to have a pass rusher. Common sense tells me Pioli and the coaching staff feel they have someone to play the position or they would have brought someone in by now. weather that person is Dj, Roberson or someone else I have no idea. We will have to wait and see.
    With a lot more help from the front 7, our DB's should improve also.
    Add to that improved special teams play and I don't believe I'll be to far off in that top 30% prediction.

Time to build a big red wall.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Time to build a big red wall.
    A big, red, fast wall with teeth that will come to get you if you take the snap from center, or a handoff from the QB.

Honestly, I thought Gretz made a good point. If your defense cannot be run on, you are forced into the passing game, and when you're forced into the passing game, defensive players can line up, tee off, and go for the QB.

The additions we've been making in the offseason are hopefully going to put a halt to that 1st down inefficiency. I wouldn't expect a dominating defense like the 85 Bears, just yet, but certainly one good enough to give us the division.

jb

Time to Stop the Run
    :stop::running: