Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rumor about Bo

Question Rumor about Bo

Anyone have any idea if there is any truth in this rumor? Remeber it is just a rumor, I have heard that Haley wants players who work hard.

Source

Bowe not clicking with Haley?

Posted: 05/05/09 3:01 pm
    The Main Line...When the Chiefs brought Cardinals OC Todd Haley to town as head coach this offseason, many began predicting big things from Dwayne Bowe. The third-year WR has shown tons of promise, and was to be the focal point of the passing attack. However, the Kansas City Star is reporting that Haley hasn't been impressed with Bowe's work ethic, and even suggests the team could look to move him within the next year.
    jesse thinks...
    This is a bit of a surprise to me, because I thought Bowe would blow up in the same offense that made Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin must-plays in fantasyland. I've seen Bowe up close at Chiefs camp last year though, and I can tell you, he loves himself. A lot. Bowe still remains the best option for new QB Matt Cassel though, and should be regarded as a #2 WR for us fantasy freaks. There is additional cause for concern, however, as Tony Gonzalez' absence will allow teams to focus on closing down the D-Bowe show every week.

I think Bowe does love himself, hell I would love myself if I had that much talent and people loved me. Bowe has been operating under Herm and probably got away with some things and got treated like a star. Haley is now the new guy in town and he wants everyone to work their butts off and prove why they should be in KC..I think in a way Bowe expects a little more respect from Haley and might not neccessarily think he should have to prove himself to the new coach. I think if Bowe and Haley can find a way to get along and work well together Bowe will end up benefitting as Haley's past has show that he loves throwing that ball to his WR's. Bowe needs to shown his new coach respect and go from there

Quote Originally Posted by oregonchieffan58 View Post
    I think Bowe does love himself, hell I would love myself if I had that much talent and people loved me. Bowe has been operating under Herm and probably got away with some things and got treated like a star. Haley is now the new guy in town and he wants everyone to work their butts off and prove why they should be in KC..I think in a way Bowe expects a little more respect from Haley and might not neccessarily think he should have to prove himself to the new coach. I think if Bowe and Haley can find a way to get along and work well together Bowe will end up benefitting as Haley's past has show that he loves throwing that ball to his WR's. Bowe needs to shown his new coach respect and go from there
    ...And, don't forget about his bank roll.

Will Bowe Breakout?

I read this article, which also talks about the rumour about D-Bowe and Haley not clicking. However at the end they shoot it down, because Bowe is reportedly in Arizona working with Fitzgerald as we speak..

That doesn't sound like a guy who doesn't want to work to get better.. Haley has asked Bower to lose weigth, he did the same thing to Fitzgerald last year.
    If Bowe is infact in Arizona with Fitzgerald, then HELL YEAH!

Bowe is young and testing the coaches as kids do their parents, it will work out for the best I'm sure.

I have never seen Bowe as a diva. I think whoever came up with this story is looking into making a controversy. Bowe is willing to work, especially if he's working with Fitzgerald. There may be some change in the dynamic between the new coach (Haley) and the player (Bowe) that the player is not used to. Herm treated Bowe differently. I think the change in player/coach chemistry is good. Herm seemed to put a lot of emphasis on where we drafted you means how we look at you as a player. You saw Herm play Dorsey, Hali, and Bowe at the start of their rookie season when Bowe was probably the only one worth starting their rookie season. I'm surprised that he just gave Dorsey the starting position over Boone and Edwards. Both are seasoned veterans who play decently well. All I see is that Haley sees Bowe as another player which means Bowe does not get special privileges like he may have before. Which is a good thing for Bowe and the team. Each player has to pull their own weight every day of the week, not just on Sundays.

We'll see. I doubt anything will arise against Bowe's character. He gutted out a 14 loss season, although he was young, without griping and complaining. Instead he continued to develop and produced better numbers than the previous year.

Haley is indeed looking at the players for what they are and how they fit into his system. It is actually a chiefs' fan luxury that Haley has no prejudice to players that he was involved in drafting (with the obvious exception to this years drafted players). What I am saying is that he will start the best player for each position, rather than starting someone because that seems like something that should happen based upon when they guy was drafted or how much money was negotiated in the contract(ie Herm).

Bowe isn't going anywhere. He is to the Chiefs as Marvin Harrison of the Colts; as Gonzalez was to the Chiefs; as Fitzgerald is to the Cardinals.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Bowe isn't going anywhere. He is to the Chiefs as Marvin Harrison of the Colts; as Gonzalez was to the Chiefs; as Fitzgerald is to the Cardinals.
    With that being said, Harrison is no longer with the Colts and TG is no longer with us. But, I do get your point. Those guys were pillars for many years. Nothing last forever, but I think Bowe will be in KC for awhile

there are signs of a mini owens, I watched owens closely early on, and its very very scary how close it is.

But I dont feel Teicher in his basement knows something that say, Bob Gretz, doesnt.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12