Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When is LJ coming back?

Default When is LJ coming back?

When is LJ going to be back behind the line? Don't get me wrong, I am happy that Priest is back in pads sporting the Red and Gold but LJ is the man. No one has done more, in my opinion, for the Chiefs running game than LJ in the last decade. I know that Priest broke the record and is a great runner but I would have to say that I would rather have LJ in the back field. Why doesn't King Carl just realize that to get that Lombardi trophy that we need the best players possible. Stop being so cheap CP and give LJ his money. Trust me, it will be money well spent when LJ is hoisting that trophy over his head.

Quote Originally Posted by sling58 View Post
    When is LJ going to be back behind the line? Don't get me wrong, I am happy that Priest is back in pads sporting the Red and Gold but LJ is the man. No one has done more, in my opinion, for the Chiefs running game than LJ in the last decade. I know that Priest broke the record and is a great runner but I would have to say that I would rather have LJ in the back field. Why doesn't King Carl just realize that to get that Lombardi trophy that we need the best players possible. Stop being so cheap CP and give LJ his money. Trust me, it will be money well spent when LJ is hoisting that trophy over his head.

This one got my attention....

Have you ever heard of Will Shields? Willie Roaf? Brian Waters? Casey Wiegmann? Dick Vermiel?

And Priest Holmes came to a team that hadn't managed a 1500 yard rusher since Christian Okoye. What did L.J. do? Oh, he continued an already successful running game and nothing more.

Sorry if I sound like a wise-***. I just don't see what you are looking at.

LJ deserves a pay raise. But he's only played 1.5 seasons, so I don't know that I agree with your 10 year statement.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    This one got my attention....

Have you ever heard of Will Shields? Willie Roaf? Brian Waters? Casey Wiegmann? Dick Vermiel?

And Priest Holmes came to a team that hadn't managed a 1500 yard rusher since Christian Okoye. What did L.J. do? Oh, he continued an already successful running game and nothing more.

Sorry if I sound like a wise-***. I just don't see what you are looking at.
    Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    LJ deserves a pay raise. But he's only played 1.5 seasons, so I don't know that I agree with your 10 year statement.
    I have to agree here; LJ is the top man at his position, but there's a lot of pieces of that big puzzle we call the Chiefs.

Amen brother! I don't know a running back that is very successful without an O'line! (well maybe Barry Sanders) Can you imagine where he would have set the bar with a line???
    ZONA

Quote Originally Posted by zona chief View Post
    Amen brother! I don't know a running back that is very successful without an O'line! (well maybe Barry Sanders) Can you imagine where he would have set the bar with a line???
    Emmitt wouldn't hold the record for the most yards by far if Barry had a line to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by zona chief View Post
    Emmitt wouldn't hold the record for the most yards by far if Barry had a line to work with.
    Sanders would have tore the league up!

Imagine if those two guys (Barry and Emmitt) had traded places. It would have been ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Imagine if those two guys (Barry and Emmitt) had traded places. It would have been ridiculous.

Yup! Completely outrageous!

Barry Sanders wouldn't have been near as exciting to watch without dodging 11 diving defenders on every play. Would have been cool to see him destroy every rushing record ever, though. If, he had Emmit's line in the 90's, Barry's records would have probably stood for at least a decade or more.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast