Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rumor about Edge coming to KC

Question Rumor about Edge coming to KC

Just read another rumor about James coming to KC. At least these are something about the Chiefs.

Source

Chiefs looking at Edge

Posted: 05/05/09 11:29 am The Main Line...Edgerrin James played last season for Todd Haley while they both were in Arizona, but a reunion could be coming in Kansas City. ESPN is reporting that the Chiefs are looking at the possibility of adding James to their mix now that he's been released by the Cardinals.
    jesse thinks...
    The team was openly flirting with the option of cutting Larry Johnsnon few months back, and this could possibly give them a replacement if that's still the plan. Still, moving from LJ to Edge would be a downgrade for the offense, so I think Haley will consider this cautiously before moving ahead. I could also see James being added to pair with LJ, which would likely signal the end of Kolby Smith's run in KC.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    That would be the one reason he would work out for us, but if he is not able to produce yardage when he is asked to carry he will be reduced to blocking back and a red flag for defenses when he comes in the game. Now , I could see him playing a role as a Combo back and doing some blocking for LJ or in passing downs have Edge and LJ in the backfield for blocking in the pass game. The big downside is his health , is he fit enough to last an entire season?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    In the role he'd play here, I can't imagine him getting more than 6-8 carries a game. So I'd say he has an above average chance of staying healthy.
    I think he may well be able to be more productive as receiving running back. Perhaps using a double back set would go a long way towards keeping the defense honest. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Um, no it hasn't? Teams are platooning at RB with fresh legs. Size, speed, etc. aren't nearly as important as staying healthy. Signing Edge has no downside, as long as it's a one-year contract. Plus him in when LJ gets hurt.
    The league has made a transition to RBBC of sorts. However, the teams that are sucessful with this (ie NY Giants, Carolina) have younger kids in there...not 30 year olds. Many teams are bringin in ou guys to have one 30+ yr old vet with a youngster to teach him the ropes

Quote Originally Posted by oregonchieffan58 View Post
    The league has made a transition to RBBC of sorts. However, the teams that are sucessful with this (ie NY Giants, Carolina) have younger kids in there...not 30 year olds. Many teams are bringin in ou guys to have one 30+ yr old vet with a youngster to teach him the ropes
    I'm not saying that bringing Edge in would be a good thing. But it wouldn't be a bad thing either. RB is an increasingly replaceable position. After LJ gets hurt this season, we're going to need to put someone for a few games. Edge is as good as anyone else.

I just don't see it as a big deal.

Agreed. I don't see how it would hurt.

Edge could be a mentor to Charles and Kolby while being a starter. LJ could be out.

If people are worried about the legs of Edge, why so if we are gonna be a "pass happy" offense? If he gets 10-15 carries a game and the rest go to Charles and/or Kolby we would have a fresh group of RB's.

This will be a fun thing to see what happens but I like Edge's work ethic and he insists that he has plenty left in the tank.

if edge couldnt beat out sorry hightower, then how will he beat out LJ and others?

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    if edge couldnt beat out sorry hightower, then how will he beat out LJ and others?
    I never really did understand that... Hightower is terrible. He had 2.8 yards per carry last season. Edge had 3.9. I have no idea why Hightower was the starter much of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    Edge could be a mentor to Charles and Kolby while being a starter. LJ could be out.

If people are worried about the legs of Edge, why so if we are gonna be a "pass happy" offense? If he gets 10-15 carries a game and the rest go to Charles and/or Kolby we would have a fresh group of RB's.

This will be a fun thing to see what happens but I like Edge's work ethic and he insists that he has plenty left in the tank.

What makes you so sure LJ is out?

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    What makes you so sure LJ is out?
    He said "LJ could be out" why do you think he is "so sure LJ is out"?

LJ is staying!

He is going to have 1589 rushing yards and 215 recieving yards!

And at the end of the season we will all be posting about how happy we are that LJ has turned his life and field play around.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast