Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rumor about Edge coming to KC

Question Rumor about Edge coming to KC

Just read another rumor about James coming to KC. At least these are something about the Chiefs.

Source

Chiefs looking at Edge

Posted: 05/05/09 11:29 am The Main Line...Edgerrin James played last season for Todd Haley while they both were in Arizona, but a reunion could be coming in Kansas City. ESPN is reporting that the Chiefs are looking at the possibility of adding James to their mix now that he's been released by the Cardinals.
    jesse thinks...
    The team was openly flirting with the option of cutting Larry Johnsnon few months back, and this could possibly give them a replacement if that's still the plan. Still, moving from LJ to Edge would be a downgrade for the offense, so I think Haley will consider this cautiously before moving ahead. I could also see James being added to pair with LJ, which would likely signal the end of Kolby Smith's run in KC.

jamaal charles is are future..that kid is fast

Quote Originally Posted by marloweopatchiefs View Post
    jamaal charles is are future..that kid is fast

He's fast, but he got run down from behind by a dolphins DB, and it could hardly be said that he is durable.

jb

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    He's fast, but he got run down from behind by a dolphins DB, and it could hardly be said that he is durable.

jb
    Yes it was Yeremiah Bell. Much older.

I remember because I raised such a fuss about it while everybody told me it was really cold and a fluke.

I guess Yeremiah had better weather at his part of the field.

I do think Jamaal is one of the fastest. He and the coaches need to make sure they stay warmed up and limber tho if that was the case.

Agreed- he's fast. More than that, he has a particular quickness to get through the line that's really nice to see. I don't want to give the impression that I don't like Mr. Charles. I think he could be really great, especially in a role like Todd McNair had for the chiefs (and broke some really big plays, mind you!)

I'm just saying that I don't think he's an every-down back in the NFL.

jb

So who was it again that first rushed for 100 yards against Tampa Bay last season, all the way in week 9? Forte? Turner? Deangelo Williams? Marion Barber?

Nope, 21 year old rookie Jamaal Charles.

Charles is going to be a stud and I refuse to believe anything less.
    Last edited by yashi; 05-22-2009 at 04:40 PM.

Wow- he had a 100 yard game.

I'm not saying he's not going to be good. But again- not an every down back. Also notable about that game was that Charles didn't score, but did fumble once.

jb

100 yard games were hard to come by last year. Given the fact that he was a ROOKIE still learning the ropes also. Josh1971, why you bashing Charles? He might not be the future RB that carries it 40 times a game for 10 years but he has a role on our team as a slasher. Also to just throw this out there, not many RB's would've had 100 yd games running behind our line last year. If I remember right, he was the first back that year to run for more than 100 yds on the Bucs.

Greg Hill had a few 100 yard games

Quote Originally Posted by NWA Chief View Post
    100 yard games were hard to come by last year. Given the fact that he was a ROOKIE still learning the ropes also. Josh1971, why you bashing Charles? He might not be the future RB that carries it 40 times a game for 10 years but he has a role on our team as a slasher. Also to just throw this out there, not many RB's would've had 100 yd games running behind our line last year. If I remember right, he was the first back that year to run for more than 100 yds on the Bucs.

Once again, and if you actually read what I write, I am not bashing him. He's going to be very good, and as I said, in a role like Todd McNair had for us, I have no doubt he'll excel, and we need that. But I just don't think he's a 20-25 carries a game, 16 games kind of back. It's not bashing, it's realism. He's not very big, and he's already shown the tendency to get nicked by injuries.

But as a 3rd down and specialty back, and a change of pace from pounding the line, I think he's going to be excellent. With his speed, it will be like having an extra WR out there in passing situations.

jb

Unless Charles can add some considerable bulk while maintaing his step or all of a sudden becomes a shifty in backfield runner he'll always be flash without the thunder; a complementary back.

There are some stud comp. backs.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast