Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The reason I've still got hope for the off-season

Default The reason I've still got hope for the off-season

The reason that I've have still got my hopes up about the rest of the off-season and the whole regular-season. Evan though TG was traded and Curry wasn't drafted, is because that Scott Pioli has a great reputation with his draft picks and with making all sorts of other decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    No offense, but anyone who has problems with this offseason isn't paying enough attention. We rebuilt our front seven, traded for a franchise QB, signed some legitimate FAs for our WR and OL corps, signed a real HC, and rebuilt our special teams. We lost Tony, which depresses me, but we are better (or at least equal) as every position except TE.

And, again, no offense but anyone who wanted Curry was crazy. We had no one to stop the run on the DL. Curry would have racked up a number of tackles, but we're not winning four games without stopping the run.
    Overall, I like this offseason. But that certainly doesn't mean that there are no complaints to be made.

A.) A real head coach? He is a rookie head coach. There is plenty of room to be skeptical of that. Upgrade over Herm? Almost certainly. But I can't presume to say that he is a real HC at this time.

B.) Are we really that confident in our new DC's track record?

C.) Eliminating great draft position, by reaching at almost every pick is definitely worthy of criticism.

D.) Goff may be able to make our O-line look good. But I think most of us know that there are holes to be filled yet. Certainly, that could still be on the horizon.

Now, I want to repeat this, as the positive portions of my posts tend to get overlooked, but I do like this offseason, overall. I'd grade it, at this point, as a B-.

But I don't think that everything has gone perfectly. And I have been paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

Now, I want to repeat this, as the positive portions of my posts tend to get overlooked, but I do like this offseason, overall. I'd grade it, at this point, as a B-.

But I don't think that everything has gone perfectly. And I have been paying attention.
    I'm very happy with this off-season.
    Pioli vs Carl Peterson = Improvement
    Anyone vs. Herm Edwards = Improvement

I'd grade it at a Solid A-.

Overall, I like this offseason. But that certainly doesn't mean that there are no complaints to be made.

A.) A real head coach? He is a rookie head coach. There is plenty of room to be skeptical of that. Upgrade over Herm? Almost certainly. But I can't presume to say that he is a real HC at this time.

C.) Eliminating great draft position, by reaching at almost every pick is definitely worthy of criticism.

D.) Goff may be able to make our O-line look good. But I think most of us know that there are holes to be filled yet. Certainly, that could still be on the horizon.

Look at it this way. We're equal to or better at every position but TE this offseason. There's only so much you can do in one year!

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Look at it this way. We're equal to or better at every position but TE this offseason. There's only so much you can do in one year!
    But, looking at the long-term, we have some major question marks, including GM, HC and DC.

The question at GM is rather Pioli is great GM making great pick-ups, or if Belichick was getting the best out of the players he was given.

If it's the latter, then what do we have at GM?

Saying that we are better than last year isn't saying much.

A consistent 7-9 team is a whole lot better than what we had last year. But that wouldn't be very impressive.

I've really not known a draft/off season to go "perfectly", however, I agree with most of what you've mentioned here.

The jury is still way out on our head coach but agree that just about anyone is better then Herm.

I defer point "C" to my opening comment; at this point I have no reason not to trust Pioli's off season experience.

I give us a B.

But, looking at the long-term, we have some major question marks, including GM, HC and DC.

The question at GM is rather Pioli is great GM making great pick-ups, or if Belichick was getting the best out of the players he was given.

A consistent 7-9 team is a whole lot better than what we had last year. But that wouldn't be very impressive.
    Good point!

Well, everyone has to start sometime and it's Haley's time to shine. Pioli picked him for a reason and until he has his chance we won't know, but as for me, he is a HC, he's our HC and I will support him until he proves to me he is not worthy. Yes some of the off season picks are short term fixes but they are short term fixes we needed badly not only for there experience but also there leadership, something we did not have last year and any coaching is better than what we had last year. Faith is what we need and it's what many of us have. This could very much be the year everything changes for us, and it may not, but it's what we want to believe in, and untill this season is over I will back Pioli and Haley 100 percent.

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    Well, everyone has to start sometime and it's Haley's time to shine. Pioli picked him for a reason and until he has his chance we won't know, but as for me, he is a HC, he's our HC and I will support him until he proves to me he is not worthy. Yes some of the off season picks are short term fixes but they are short term fixes we needed badly not only for there experience but also there leadership, something we did not have last year and any coaching is better than what we had last year. Faith is what we need and it's what many of us have. This could very much be the year everything changes for us, and it may not, but it's what we want to believe in, and untill this season is over I will back Pioli and Haley 100 percent.
    I will back them until they give me a reason not too.

who are we kidding, we will back them no matter what...we are chief fans thats what we do, that is what we have been doing. Its been tough but ultimately we get to start off each season with new hopes and when new coaching comes in (and management this year) that is just another aspect we are thinking of as fans.

It's been a great offseason. Two years from now, all Chiefs fans will be happy they drafted Jackson instead of Curry.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast