Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The reason I've still got hope for the off-season

Default The reason I've still got hope for the off-season

The reason that I've have still got my hopes up about the rest of the off-season and the whole regular-season. Evan though TG was traded and Curry wasn't drafted, is because that Scott Pioli has a great reputation with his draft picks and with making all sorts of other decisions.

You'e gotta believe!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    You'e gotta believe!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!

I fully anticipate we might see even more personnel changes with the Chiefs before training camp is over. A overhaul was needed in this organization from the top to the bottom. Starting with Pioli and Haley, down to signing undrafted rookies, the drive begins, to bring winning and pride back into Arrowhead country!!

2009-win the AFC West
    2010-Super Bowl Bound

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?u=2574&type=sigpic&dateline=1233413652

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    The reason that I've have still got my hopes up about the rest of the off-season and the whole regular-season. Evan though TG was traded and Curry wasn't drafted, is because that Scott Pioli has a great reputation with his draft picks and with making all sorts of other decisions.
    There is no reason to be disapointed with our off season. We have a new GM and HC, a new QB, we have LB's and WR's coming outa our butts, and Bowe, well he's just gettin started, we have new comers that bring in the much needed experience and leadership that we lacked last year. We also had a pretty good draft last year but very poor coaching and no leadership. This is a whole new era, a whole new Chiefs team in so many ways. The sports critics are what they are, Critics! The Chiefs are being watched by other AFC West teams and thay are a little concerned as they should be. The Raiders?, well there just the Raiders, The Bronco's? well they blew it with the Cutler deal and it will cost them a season or two. The Chargers? They better stay healthy and ready because the times, they are a changing, They may have been the AFC west Champs the last three years but that my friend is about to change. There will be two fights this year, the Raiders and Bronco's fighting to stay out of last place, which with the Raiders new backup QB they could win that one and the Charges and Chiefs fighting to take the lead in the AFC West. Three of the first four games will be tough and we may lose all three and we may not but by the time the Cowboys game rolls into town we will be coming together as a team and people and critics will sit up and take notice and what better year to do it in than on the 50th anniversary of the AFC. Here's to the New Chiefs and a Kick *** Season!

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    There is no reason to be disapointed with our off season. We have a new GM and HC, a new QB, we have LB's and WR's coming outa our butts, and Bowe, well he's just gettin started, we have new comers that bring in the much needed experience and leadership that we lacked last year. We also had a pretty good draft last year but very poor coaching and no leadership. This is a whole new era, a whole new Chiefs team in so many ways. The sports critics are what they are, Critics! The Chiefs are being watched by other AFC West teams and thay are a little concerned as they should be. The Raiders?, well there just the Raiders, The Bronco's? well they blew it with the Cutler deal and it will cost them a season or two. The Chargers? They better stay healthy and ready because the times, they are a changing, They may have been the AFC west Champs the last three years but that my friend is about to change. There will be two fights this year, the Raiders and Bronco's fighting to stay out of last place, which with the Raiders new backup QB they could win that one and the Charges and Chiefs fighting to take the lead in the AFC West. Three of the first four games will be tough and we may lose all three and we may not but by the time the Cowboys game rolls into town we will be coming together as a team and people and critics will sit up and take notice and what better year to do it in than on the 50th anniversary of the AFC. Here's to the New Chiefs and a Kick *** Season!

Completely agreed, this has been one of the best offseasons that I can remember for the Chiefs.

I liked our offseason as well. Many of the not so obvious or unpopular moves will probably make sense a year or two from now...which is what the new regime is looking towards. Pioli is "the man" for a reason, I may not agree with everytning he is doing/does, but that is why he is the head guy and I am typing about the guy on a forum :-)

Can you imagine how much everyone will praise Pioli and Haley if we get in the playoffs this year? Good possibility if we fills some spots, improve play and for heavens sake finish games. In the FC West a 9-7 record could take it this year. Obviously going from 2-14 to 9-7 is a large task, but I think we have the pillars in place to pull a Dolphin 08 surprise to the league

No offense, but anyone who has problems with this offseason isn't paying enough attention. We rebuilt our front seven, traded for a franchise QB, signed some legitimate FAs for our WR and OL corps, signed a real HC, and rebuilt our special teams. We lost Tony, which depresses me, but we are better (or at least equal) as every position except TE.

And, again, no offense but anyone who wanted Curry was crazy. We had no one to stop the run on the DL. Curry would have racked up a number of tackles, but we're not winning four games without stopping the run.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Thats right Aussie, but no real Chiefs fan would ever give up hope. A real Chiefs fan still watches, and wishes the best for his team, even under hard time...like when you have a doushbag head coach like Herm Edwards.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast