Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pisa Tinoisamoa LB

Default Pisa Tinoisamoa LB

Rams released this guy. Lead the team in tackles in 2008.(88 solo) 27 years old. I'm just saying.

I watched him in College, I like him a lot but I don't want him in a Chief uniform at 220 trying to play LB.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Read the article:
    Reading puts me to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Read the article:
    I need my tutor.

It may be true that he doesn't fit our system, but I'm not sure of that. LB seems to be one of the positions that can convert from 4-3 to 3-4 pretty easily.

I don't think we are necessarily set at LB, yes we have plenty number wise, but Piso is at worst a top of the line back up. We have many less talented guys that we could get rid of to make room. Reports that we were interested in Foote support this.

As for his weight, it's a definite negative, but its hard to argue with the BIG production.(135 tackles!)

If Pioli and company think he could fit in with the system, he is upgrade at the position and should at least be considered.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    zzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz,,,ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzz zzzzzzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I need my tutor.
    We don't need no stinking tutors.

So a 220 lb LB that has 135 tackles is not good enough? LOL! Ok!

PS- He scored a 28 on the Wonderlic and I would tend to think that his 220lb playing weight helped with his quickness/speed.

Just because you are lighter, that does not mean you are weaker. lol

The Boston Globe thinks he deserves a look...

Add another name to ILB possibilities - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

Earlier today, some veteran inside linebacker options on the free-agent market were listed here.

Now, with the Rams releasing Pisa Tinoisamoa today, he would shoot to the top of the list.

While Tinoisamoa is not a Ted Johnson-like run-stuffer who will play downhill and shed blocks, and might be a bit undersized for what the Patriots generally look for (6-1, 240) in their 3-4 defense, he is athletic and has been productive.

So if the Patriots were serious about adding a veteran at that spot after losing rookie Tyrone McKenzie to a season-ending knee injury, it would make sense that Tinoisamoa would be on their radar. He reminds me of a bit of Lions linebacker Ernie Sims, a player I believe the Patriots liked coming out of the draft a few years ago.
    If the Chiefs want him we should act quickly... I realize we have other needs and questions about where our front will play. But he's only 27 and when somebody with talent slips through the cracks you grab him quickly then search out the intangibles.

Maybe he won't cost so much because of the recent injuries... questions about who gets the sacks because of our first round run-stopper. Send him in, he's fast and generally in a 3-4 the LBs reek havoc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12