Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Matt Cassell Evaluation

Default Matt Cassell Evaluation

Just got done watching Kansas City Chiefs Matt Cassell on NFL replay as he played the Colts.

In this game Ive seen:

1). Matt has a good ability to scramble when all else fails, but he needs to learn to go knees first or hes going to get hurt.

2). He will look off Safeties to get a wide out more open.

3). A lot of his yards come from throwing to a reciever and letting him do the work ( at least in this game ). But with a Wes Welker, thats a no-brainer.

4). I love his pocket presence. He is aware of his drops and even in shotgun goes back into the pocket. Although at times he seems too anxious or figety, you can tell hes been sacked a lot.

5). He will rely on his recievers and throw the ball up there and let the recievers and DBs play keepaway. Most of the times in this game for not. Which is why is really sucks that we dont have TG.

6). Not impressed by his "comeback at the end of the game" ability (at least not in this game). A lot of it to do with #5.

This is just base on this game. And he held his own against a former championship team with a lot of talent losing 18-15.

If you missed it they will re-air it again at 10:00 tonight (Sunday) and tommorow at noon (Central time). NFL network.

What do you think?

To sum up my opinion; I thik=nk he will be a great addition to our beloved team and he is another piece to the Kansas City Chiefs puzzle!*

*It's like my motto.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    This is the guy we've got and here are his traits.

I would appreciate any scouting anybody has on Matt Cassell thus far.

I dont care if its with the Patriots. I WANT TO KNOW!

Thanks.
    Then get off your butt and find what you want to see. As far as evaluating Cassel, it's amute point until we see him play for the Chiefs.
    Now if your just curious as to what his game looks like go watch some NFL film archives.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    Then get off your butt and find what you want to see. As far as evaluating Cassel, it's amute point until we see him play for the Chiefs.
    Now if your just curious as to what his game looks like go watch some NFL film archives.
    Like the ones that VG posted?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    Here is a good scouting report of him under pressure...

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    Thats what Ive been doing Sherlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    Here is a good scouting report of him under pressure...

it's pretty hard NOT to get excited about this guy, after watching those hi-lights. I did my own scouting by watching a few NE games from last year. One early on and one later in the season. I posted it on here somewhere, but the main points of it were that I liked what I see.
    Man he can really put some eat on it huh?

Quote Originally Posted by brish View Post
    it's pretty hard NOT to get excited about this guy, after watching those hi-lights. I did my own scouting by watching a few NE games from last year. One early on and one later in the season. I posted it on here somewhere, but the main points of it were that I liked what I see.
    Man he can really put some eat on it huh?
    Yeah Ive watched those highlights Ive posted a few times, and each time it just gets better. We can see clearly that he had constant pressure in those highlights, and he is a PLAYMAKER!!! I am so excited to see what him and Bowe do this year.

Im kind of anxious to see how Haley plans to utilize Charles and Cottam too. I hope the other receivers step up, cause as good as i think Bowe is, he is not quite Fitzgerald.. I would hate to see him double covered all next season, because he is the only threat on passing downs.

Edit: Oh and the reason i mentioned Charles is that I think he was used too little last season, he has playmaker ability..

Quote Originally Posted by brish View Post
    Im kind of anxious to see how Haley plans to utilize Charles and Cottam too. I hope the other receivers step up, cause as good as i think Bowe is, he is not quite Fitzgerald.. I would hate to see him double covered all next season, because he is the only threat on passing downs.

Edit: Oh and the reason i mentioned Charles is that I think he was used too little last season, he has playmaker ability..
    Cottom will be primarily a blocker, with 1-2 catches per game. Bradley has the capability for 50-70 receptions. Engram might be old, but he's not dog meat. Defense will have to cover him and I believe he is going to be the slot receiver. Yes, Charles should be utilized on 3rd down .

Interesting thread. You almost could change Cassel to Thigpen in every post and it would read the same.
    The next game is the most important one of the season !!

What the hell does that mean anyway?

Sure they are both quaterbacks, but from what I have seen so far, Cassel is the better choice - hands down..

That doesn't mean I don't like Thigpen, but Cassel is slightly better in virtually every category. Furthermore i've heard he is one of the hardest workers out there.

Back to the point, this thread is about Cassel not thigpen.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast