Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Larry Johnson Returns

Default Larry Johnson Returns

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEfCc2qEzgY"]YouTube - The Return[/ame]

It was cool video. But Larry isn't back. Sorry, I still have no respect for him.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    It was cool video. But Larry isn't back. Sorry, I still have no respect for him.

Im sure that your statement is more his off the field issues and I knew there would be a few people who had to speak up on their feelings about his past issues off the field. My Concern is how he performs on the field. There are alot of *******s out there in many different sports, but fans cheer for them when they perform the way they are supposed to. I hope that he has a great season and all the BS is in the past. I hope he finally realizes this is his last shot and just plays the game and works his way into the history books as a guy who just shut his mouth and played the game. I'm rooting for him to succeed and I hope he does just that !

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    Im sure that your statement is more his off the field issues and I knew there would be a few people who had to speak up on their feelings about his past issues off the field. My Concern is how he performs on the field. There are alot of *******s out there in many different sports, but fans cheer for them when they perform the way they are supposed to. I hope that he has a great season and all the BS is in the past. I hope he finally realizes this is his last shot and just plays the game and works his way into the history books as a guy who just shut his mouth and played the game. I'm rooting for him to succeed and I hope he does just that !
    I, too, would love nothing more then to see him finally grow up, do his job, perform to his potential and finally be a team player on and off the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I, too, would love nothing more then to see him finally grow up, do his job, perform to his potential and finally be a team player on and off the field.
    Right on!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    Honda , none of us condone what he did off the field , how could we but, look at it this way,
    1.The league punished him by revolking his contract status making it impossible to get is money guarenteed. He must work for it now.
    2.The KC Chiefs have given him a clean slate to start over with via the leagues decision.
    3. So far LJ is showing he is willing to begin with his new slate to prove he is worthy of the new beginning he has been granted.(So Far)
    I some how doubt you will give a rats a$$ that these events occured but if you do anything at all , please consider this. Don't turn a 360 and jump back on the band wagon 100% but just meet him half way like the rest of us and give him the 50% on the field, let him prove to all of us that he has changed off the field, then maybe in time he can regain our respect down the road off the field making him 100% back into our hearts as our teams hero. Just 50% is all I am asking, that is what I am willing to give so please join me in this and we will see what happens.

Honda , none of us condone what he did off the field , how could we but, look at it this way,
    1.The league punished him by revolking his contract status making it impossible to get is money guarenteed. He must work for it now.
    2.The KC Chiefs have given him a clean slate to start over with via the leagues decision.
    3. So far LJ is showing he is willing to begin with his new slate to prove he is worthy of the new beginning he has been granted.(So Far)
    I some how doubt you will give a rats a$$ that these events occured but if you do anything at all , please consider this. Don't turn a 360 and jump back on the band wagon 100% but just meet him half way like the rest of us and give him the 50% on the field, let him prove to all of us that he has changed off the field, then maybe in time he can regain our respect down the road off the field making him 100% back into our hearts as our teams hero. Just 50% is all I am asking, that is what I am willing to give so please join me in this and we will see what happens.
    Personally LJ has never been one of my favorite players, not even the couple of good years he had. His attitude has been terrible from day one, enough has been said about his conduct in public.
    Will I accept him if he has finally matured and becomes a good player that carries the ball, blocks and proves to be a good teammate. And that he becomes a model citizen. Yes I will accept him.
    My HEROES defend their country and some even dye doing that. LJ as a hero, not in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    Personally LJ has never been one of my favorite players, not even the couple of good years he had. His attitude has been terrible from day one, enough has been said about his conduct in public.
    Will I accept him if he has finally matured and becomes a good player that carries the ball, blocks and proves to be a good teammate. And that he becomes a model citizen. Yes I will accept him.
    My HEROES defend their country and some even dye doing that. LJ as a hero, not in my lifetime.
    He does have a bad attitude, but he can be a good player if he improves and IMO he already is. (it's just 'cos of his attitude). But if he can made us win games I'm fine with it, unless it gets out of hand! I mean it could be worse. Take O.J. Simpson for instance!

LJ's distractions were on the field, too. Doesn't block, runs into blockers and falls down, or heads for the sideline. At least thats what I've noticed the last couple years. He has not been a team player imo.
    His whole attitude has to change - off AND on the field.
    His putting in some effort at voluntary workouts is a good start. We shall see.
    SHUT IT

Nice video. Its always amazing to watch our KC running backs do their thing with the ball! I love Larry...he will never be Priest but I have to be honest and say I think a combination of Herm (lack of motivation) Carl and Hunt (in not doing whatever it took to get his contract ext. done before preseason!) and of course Larrys off field issues have corrupted the L J we know he could have been. He still runs down hill like a freight train!!! Don't get me wrong! But he lacks that "team player attitude" that I believe you must have to be a great RB in the NFL right now. Hopefully the changes upstairs in the office and the changes down in the trenches and sideline can reignite what we all know he is capable of.

I doubt Hunt had anything to do with what LJ was doing, more like just Herm was bein a dick and not allowing LJ to get play time because they didn't get along.
    The only person that had anything to do with what Larry was doing was.....
    Larry.
    SHUT IT

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast