Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pumped for the preseason?

Hybrid View

Default Pumped for the preseason?

I'm getting excited about this season. Not only about the Chiefs (some will debate there is not too much to get excited about ) but about the NFL season in general. I think this season is going to be just as exciting as they always prove to be.

By the playoffs I will be frothing at the mouth to see top D's take on top O's and big players making big plays. Football is the greatest game ever invented in my opinion.

As much as I love the game, I never really get too much into the preseason and I haven't tried my hand in a fantasy league till this year. Though, I have thought about it for a few seasons. Unfortunately, most of my friends aren't into football nearly as much as I am. In fact, my dad and my bro really are the only people who I could say that exhult in the Chief's successes and mourn their losses close to the degree that I do.

Until now. After last season's playoff loss, all I got from my friends was the usual shoulder-shrug- "I told you this would happen-" attitude they usually reflect toward something they generally don't give a ship about.

I had to vent. I had to get some stuff off of my chest about that game... About that season. My dad and brother were equally elated watching the final week of the season and equally disappointed with the playoff performance. I needed to know what more people thought. What people who have watched the Chiefs for years and felt those same feelings, knew.

I found chiefscrowd and love it. You guys all are very respectful of each other and put forth concise, valid, and intelligent viewpoints. Some of you are just as rabid Chief's fans as me. Some a little more toned down but that's ok. We need the sane ones around to keep us in check sometimes.

Which brings me to my point (been a while getting here, i know). I haven't had an interest in playing fantasy football because I literally had no one to play with. :confused:

Now we got the chiefscrowd fantasy football challenge rolling and I can't wait for the draft! I'm scouting guys in preseason games and video. It's like another element of the game. I've played the crap out of madden, it's ok. I really want to check out All-Pro this year (I loved 2k5). However, it's just going to be so much fun to read all the smack-talk going around when the Longnecks are destroying your puny fantasy teams this season.

Little scouting info: I do genetic altering of my team's dna and this is what they look like afterward ->
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

I get critical of the Chiefs especially when they lose, but come Sundays I am so pumped up!

don't know that I get critical, ok maybe a little. It sure sucks when they lose!! Especially last year when they lost to the ste lers. a friend of mine is a fan and yeah I had to bet........and will always bet on RED!!!

I tend to get pretty critical when they lose as well. I wanted everybody fired after the playoff game last year. My friends all think I'm a real nice guy and like to kick it with me. All of them will tell you that I won't win any personality contest when the Chiefs are losing, though.

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    I tend to get pretty critical when they lose as well. I wanted everybody fired after the playoff game last year. My friends all think I'm a real nice guy and like to kick it with me. All of them will tell you that I won't win any personality contest when the Chiefs are losing, though.

My wife says the same thing about me.

If you've never done fantasy football, but you're a huge football fan; Then you're absolutely going to love Fantasy Football. It is super addictive. The fact that we all get to play against each other and talk smack will make it that much better.

The only downside to FF is that you start rooting for players that you can't stand so that you can win your FF game.
    For example, someone will inevitably draft Javon Walker. They will be rooting for a Javon Walker TD, even though they clearly hate the Broncos. You get the idea.
    Hopefully you don't end up with a bunch of guys from the Raiders or Broncos. You should be safe with the Faders since all of their players suck!

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    If you've never done fantasy football, but you're a huge football fan; Then you're absolutely going to love Fantasy Football. It is super addictive. The fact that we all get to play against each other and talk smack will make it that much better.

The only downside to FF is that you start rooting for players that you can't stand so that you can win your FF game.
    For example, someone will inevitably draft Javon Walker. They will be rooting for a Javon Walker TD, even though they clearly hate the Broncos. You get the idea.
    Hopefully you don't end up with a bunch of guys from the Raiders or Broncos. You should be safe with the Faders since all of their players suck!
    this is why I have never won(came close) in either of my leagues!! I know I should pick with my "gut" but....

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    this is why I have never won(came close) in either of my leagues!! I know I should pick with my "gut" but....
    I have never had a problem with drafting an enemy player. I always know that if the Donks lose and my fantasy team loses, then...HELL YEAH!!!!! I am happy to root against my own fantasy players, since if the Donks win with Javon, My fantasy team would do better. A slight consolation, for dealing with the fact that the Donks won a game.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post

Yeah, I hate that.

Yeah, I've been thinkin about alternative guys to get instead of players on the Donks, Dolts, or Haters. Just one more thing to make it a little more interesting I guess.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast