Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Gailey still run the Spread offense?

Default Will Gailey still run the Spread offense?

Sporting News Radio : Audio Vault

Open competition for KC QB - 5/7/2009

I heard this last week and i was thinking can it really be an open competition with Cassell making all that money?

In the interview Thigpen said that Gailey was running the same offense they ran last year.
    If that is the case i wonder if Cassell has the running ability that Thigpen does.

As an outside observer of the Chiefs i loved their offense after week 8 when Gailey used the shotgun and pistol spread offense formations and let Thigpen do his thing.

I was wondering what the vibe was out their in K.C.
    Will the offense revert back to typical NFL or will they continue to push the envelope with the spread?

And do you think that Cassell can run it as well or better then Thigpen?
    VIDEO: Tyler Thigpen*Highlights - Arrowhead Pride
    Last edited by spread-O; 05-14-2009 at 12:38 AM.
    [Gailey] switched to a quasi-spread offense to fit the talents of third-team quarterback Tyler Thigpen.

good video, I wanted thiggy to start this season but we chased a another version of what we already have..ok maybe not a proven winner like Matt but he had a top of the line team to and we had no defense. think what thiggys record would have been if we had an ok d vs what we had. they say its open at QB but we are not stupid fans, with Matts new contract we are well going to see the Cassel show instead.

I read in a feed that Coach posted bout a month or two ago where Haley said we will not be running the same spread offense.

I looked all over for it couldnt find it, but I know Coach commented on it and pointed it out.

We're not going to running the pistol/spread offense we ran for most of last season all the time, but we will be running it sometimes. Both Pioli and Haley come from teams that like to send 4-5 WRS wide and work out of the shotgun. But were going to mix in some playaction and some power running as well.

Quote Originally Posted by spread-O View Post
    Sporting News Radio : Audio Vault

Open competition for KC QB - 5/7/2009

I heard this last week and i was thinking can it really be an open competition with Cassell making all that money?

In the interview Thigpen said that Gailey was running the same offense they ran last year.
    If that is the case i wonder if Cassell has the running ability that Thigpen does.

As an outside observer of the Chiefs i loved their offense after week 8 when Gailey used the shotgun and pistol spread offense formations and let Thigpen do his thing.

I was wondering what the vibe was out their in K.C.
    Will the offense revert back to typical NFL or will they continue to push the envelope with the spread?

And do you think that Cassell can run it as well or better then Thigpen?
    VIDEO: Tyler Thigpen*Highlights - Arrowhead Pride
    - Thigpen's running ability was a bonus for him but a negative for the Chiefs offense in general, highlighting the weakness in the line.

- I think the general feeling is that the Chiefs won't run the spread in 09' and run a modified version of the Cardinals 'Erhardt-Perkins' offensive system.

What Offense the Kansas City Chiefs Will Run (Definitely Maybe*Edition) - Arrowhead Pride

**read the last bit of the post.

- Cassel is mobile enough to run when necessary (he's no flat foot Trent Green [no offense to Trent]). I'll give the edge to Thigpen being that he was recruited as a RB out of high school before playing QB at Coastal Carolina.

- Right now its a pick your poison type of feeling amongst fans (Thigpen or Cassel). I feel Cassel will do better with less then Thigpen (I.E. No Tony) in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazeye View Post
    good video, I wanted thiggy to start this season but we chased a another version of what we already have..ok maybe not a proven winner like Matt but he had a top of the line team to and we had no defense. think what thiggys record would have been if we had an ok d vs what we had. they say its open at QB but we are not stupid fans, with Matts new contract we are well going to see the Cassel show instead.
    yup, been sayin the same thing meself

The spread should only be run when it's an obvious passing situation. No need to run it all the time like last season.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

For the most part; it all starts up front with the "O" line regardless of who takes the snaps under center. IMO.

man I am going to mis tony he had some great catches in that vid alone let alone his career. hopefully Cottam watched and learned real well..

Nice read.. :)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast