View Poll Results: Does Kurt Warner belong in the HOF if he ended his career today?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    13 81.25%
  • No

    3 18.75%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 50

Thread: Does Kurt Warner belong in the HOF?

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,870
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 104
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Share your thoughts. 1st ballot, 2nd ballot, etc.



    Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Bowe's dropped 13 balls over the past two years. That isn't great, but it isn't as bad as people are implying.

    Fitzgerald had a HOF QB throwing him the ball the past two seasons. Bowe had a journeyman, a has-been, and a never-was.

    Fitzgerald had a real HC and WR coach. Bowe didn't.

    Nevertheless, the production of the two in their first two years is nearly identical. Bowe had more drops, certainly. But he didn't have Fitz's advantages either.

    Bowe was one of our very few bright spots in 2007 and 2008. There are 20 other starters to blame before we start blaming Bowe for our 6-26 record.
    You are kidding right. Warner a HOF Qb. No way. He is a system Qb nothing less nothing more. Calling Warner a HOB QB is almost the same as Calling Trent Green a HOF Qb. Trent had a much better career minus the superbowl start.

    I am not blaming Bowe for anything and really like him. But he is NO Fitzgerald. It is event close. The whole discussion to think so is absurd and highly unrealistic. He just does not have the hands like Fitzgerald. Fitzgerald works and works and works on catching the ball. One handed, two hands, upside down, on his back. It is why he almost always comes down with a jump ball.
    Last edited by Coach; 05-13-2009 at 07:52 PM.

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,205
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    You are kidding right. Warner a HOF Qb. No way. He is a system Qb nothing less nothing more. Calling Warner a HOB QB is almost the same as Calling Trent Green a HOF Qb. Trent had a much better career minus the superbowl start.

    I am not blaming Bowe for anything and really like him. But he is NO Fitzgerald. It is event close. The whole discussion to think so is absurd and highly unrealistic. He just does not have the hands like Fitzgerald. Fitzgerald works and works and works on catching the ball. One handed, two hands, upside down, on his back. It is why he almost always comes down with a jump ball.
    Kurt Warner is absolutely a HOF QB. I actually can't believe anyone would say he isn't. He was one drive from becoming only the 2nd QB to win Super Bowls as the starting QB for 2 different teams. That's ridiculous to call him a system QB man. Is Brady a system QB?

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    You are kidding right. Warner a HOF Qb. No way. He is a system Qb nothing less nothing more. Calling Warner a HOB QB is almost the same as Calling Trent Green a HOF Qb. Trent had a much better career minus the superbowl start.

    I am not blaming Bowe for anything and really like him. But he is NO Fitzgerald. It is event close. The whole discussion to think so is absurd and highly unrealistic. He just does not have the hands like Fitzgerald. Fitzgerald works and works and works on catching the ball. One handed, two hands, upside down, on his back. It is why he almost always comes down with a jump ball.
    Kurt Warner's a two-time NFL MVP. He won one Super Bowl and started in two others. He's one of only two QBs to start in the SB with two separate teams. He brought the Arizona Freakin' Cardinals to the Super Bowl. His stats in every conceivable category are better than every QB of his era except Favre, Manning, and Brady. What are you talking about? A system QB? I'm not sure you know what that means. Warner's a lock for the HOF at least by the 2nd ballot.

    EDIT: What Yashi said

    Bowe isn't as good of an athlete at Fitz (or Moss or Burress for the matter). But he can be at least as good as Owens, Torry Holt, or any other number of great WRs of his era. What he lacks in athleticism he makes up for in toughness and instincts. With the exception of Calvin Johnson, there's not another WR under 25 that I'd rather have on this team.

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    1,852
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    You are kidding right. Warner a HOF Qb. No way. He is a system Qb nothing less nothing more. Calling Warner a HOB QB is almost the same as Calling Trent Green a HOF Qb. Trent had a much better career minus the superbowl start.

    I am not blaming Bowe for anything and really like him. But he is NO Fitzgerald. It is event close. The whole discussion to think so is absurd and highly unrealistic. He just does not have the hands like Fitzgerald. Fitzgerald works and works and works on catching the ball. One handed, two hands, upside down, on his back. It is why he almost always comes down with a jump ball.
    Kurt Warner = HOF........LOCK!!!! Would bet all you got on it!!!!

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,870
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 104
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Kurt Warner's a two-time NFL MVP. He won one Super Bowl and started in two others. He's one of only two QBs to start in the SB with two separate teams. He brought the Arizona Freakin' Cardinals to the Super Bowl. His stats in every conceivable category are better than every QB of his era except Favre, Manning, and Brady. What are you talking about? A system QB? I'm not sure you know what that means. Warner's a lock for the HOF at least by the 2nd ballot.

    EDIT: What Yashi said

    Bowe isn't as good of an athlete at Fitz (or Moss or Burress for the matter). But he can be at least as good as Owens, Torry Holt, or any other number of great WRs of his era. What he lacks in athleticism he makes up for in toughness and instincts. With the exception of Calvin Johnson, there's not another WR under 25 that I'd rather have on this team.
    Yes a system QB. Yes he has played in two superbowls. The last time I checked, his stint with Rams included Marshal Faulk one of the best all purpose running backs, two star receivers with Bruce and Holt and a stud offensive line. The defense wasn't bad either.

    If he is truly a HOF QB. There is no way Marc Bulger pushes him out of St. Louis by out performing him. Warners performance since leaving the Rams was nothing but a joke, until He finds another team with a great system and the type of talent as what you saw years ago with the rams.

    I am sorry. It was obvious in Kurts off years that his previous sucess was greatly contributed to the talent around him. Not him. Just as Marc Bulgers early success now failing.

    He is a great cinderella story, but if he is a true HOF Qb. The value of the HOF isn't that great in my opinion.

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,205
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Yes a system QB. Yes he has played in two superbowls. The last time I checked, his stint with Rams included Marshal Faulk one of the best all purpose running backs, two star receivers with Bruce and Holt and a stud offensive line. The defense wasn't bad either.

    If he is truly a HOF QB. There is no way Marc Bulger pushes him out of St. Louis by out performing him. Warners performance since leaving the Rams was nothing but a joke, until He finds another team with a great system and the type of talent as what you saw years ago with the rams.

    I am sorry. It was obvious in Kurts off years that his previous sucess was greatly contributed to the talent around him. Not him. Just as Marc Bulgers early success now failing.

    He is a great cinderella story, but if he is a true HOF Qb. The value of the HOF isn't that great in my opinion.
    I think you're severely mistaken. Look at the stats. Warner has had just two seasons that were "bad", and they were a result of a nagging thumb injury that affected his ability to hold the ball. He was effectively on the shelf for two seasons, playing only 9 games in those years combined.

    Bulger didn't push anyone out of St. Louis. Warner's thumb pushed Warner out of St. Louis.

    Also Marshall Faulk. He wasn't that great with the Colts. He goes to the Rams and is immediately the best RB in the league. Why? Warner forced defenses to play conservatively, leaving Faulk with plenty of room to work with. His career sure went downhill fast after Warner was out of the picture.

    Then with the Giants, it was clear from day 1 he was just buying time for Eli to start. After a couple bad games, they put in Manning and didn't look back.

    Take a look at some career QB ratings.

    John Elway - 79.9
    Joe Montana - 92.3
    Tom Brady - 92.9

    Kurt Warner 93.8.

    Also note that Leinart has never looked anything less than unspectacular with the exact same offense Warner's playing in now. Seriously, the guy led the Cardinals to the Super Bowl and almost beat the Steelers. They have a below average defense, no running game, and mediocre offensive line (which was abysmal a few years ago). Yes, they have Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin, but great WRs can't help a team if the ball doesn't get to them.
    Last edited by yashi; 05-05-2009 at 09:32 AM.

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Yes a system QB.
    I don't think you know what that term means.

    Peyton Manning's always had Marshall Faulk/Joseph Addai/Marvin Harrsion/Reggie Wayne/Dallas Clark and other superstars. That doesn't mean he's a "system QB."

    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Yes he has played in two superbowls.
    No, he has played in three Super Bowls. And he won two MVP awards.

    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    The last time I checked, his stint with Rams included Marshal Faulk one of the best all purpose running backs, two star receivers with Bruce and Holt and a stud offensive line. The defense wasn't bad either.
    The Rams were a great team. They wouldn't have won anything without Warner at QB. Look at what they descended to with the likes of Bulger.

    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    If he is truly a HOF QB. There is no way Marc Bulger pushes him out of St. Louis by out performing him.
    Warner was injured, and the Rams, thinking they're smarter than they were, cut him in a pathetic attempt to duplicate Montana/Young. As is obvious, it backfired terribly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Warners performance since leaving the Rams was nothing but a joke, until He finds another team with a great system and the type of talent as what you saw years ago with the rams.
    Warner had the Giants at 6-2 before Coughlin benched him for Manning. In those eight games, he had a better statline than Eli ever has with the Giants.

    He next went to the Cards, where he has posted phenomenal numbers. Do you think it's an accident that he can post Pro Bowl numbers in Arizona when QBs like McNown, Leinert, and the other goobers who have played QB there couldn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I am sorry. It was obvious in Kurts off years that his previous sucess was greatly contributed to the talent around him. Not him. Just as Marc Bulgers early success now failing.
    What off years? Except for the two years he was battling injuries, he's put up great numbers. He leads all active NFL QBs not named Peyton or Brady in almost every possible statistic. He took the Rams to two Super Bowls. He took the Cards to a Super Bowl. And he had the Giants winning in his brief tenure there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    He is a great cinderella story, but if he is a true HOF Qb. The value of the HOF isn't that great in my opinion.
    Did Kurt Warner rape your dog or something? That's the only reason I can come up for why you're ignoring Warner's career. In every statistical category, including TDs, passer rating, passing yards, and passing efficiency, Warner is one of the top-5 QBs of his generation. He's been to more Super Bowls than either Peyton Manning or Brett Favre. He won more MVPs than Tom Brady.

    This really isn't debateable. Your belief that he's just a "system QB" isn't backed up by any facts.

    EDIT: What yahsi wrote

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Location
    tucson
    Posts
    4,291
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    ybe not his first attempt but never the less..YES he will get in!

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    1,852
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    1st Ballot NO DOUBT!!!!!!

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Fort Madison, Iowa
    Posts
    1,467
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Kurt Warner is a no brainer for the HOF! Duh!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Kurt Warner to the NY Jets?.....
    By Sn@keIze in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 01:47 AM
  2. Kurt Warner?
    By rustfan76 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-07-2009, 07:40 PM
  3. Does Warner deserve to be in the HOF?
    By KCCAT21 in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-20-2009, 11:03 AM
  4. Pop Warner Football
    By kenny1937 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-10-2006, 07:04 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •