View Poll Results: Does Kurt Warner belong in the HOF if he ended his career today?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 81.25%
  • No

3 18.75%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Kurt Warner belong in the HOF?

Hybrid View

Share your thoughts. 1st ballot, 2nd ballot, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Bowe's dropped 13 balls over the past two years. That isn't great, but it isn't as bad as people are implying.

Fitzgerald had a HOF QB throwing him the ball the past two seasons. Bowe had a journeyman, a has-been, and a never-was.

Fitzgerald had a real HC and WR coach. Bowe didn't.

Nevertheless, the production of the two in their first two years is nearly identical. Bowe had more drops, certainly. But he didn't have Fitz's advantages either.

Bowe was one of our very few bright spots in 2007 and 2008. There are 20 other starters to blame before we start blaming Bowe for our 6-26 record.
    You are kidding right. Warner a HOF Qb. No way. He is a system Qb nothing less nothing more. Calling Warner a HOB QB is almost the same as Calling Trent Green a HOF Qb. Trent had a much better career minus the superbowl start.

I am not blaming Bowe for anything and really like him. But he is NO Fitzgerald. It is event close. The whole discussion to think so is absurd and highly unrealistic. He just does not have the hands like Fitzgerald. Fitzgerald works and works and works on catching the ball. One handed, two hands, upside down, on his back. It is why he almost always comes down with a jump ball.
    Last edited by Coach; 05-13-2009 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    You are kidding right. Warner a HOF Qb. No way. He is a system Qb nothing less nothing more. Calling Warner a HOB QB is almost the same as Calling Trent Green a HOF Qb. Trent had a much better career minus the superbowl start.

I am not blaming Bowe for anything and really like him. But he is NO Fitzgerald. It is event close. The whole discussion to think so is absurd and highly unrealistic. He just does not have the hands like Fitzgerald. Fitzgerald works and works and works on catching the ball. One handed, two hands, upside down, on his back. It is why he almost always comes down with a jump ball.
    Kurt Warner is absolutely a HOF QB. I actually can't believe anyone would say he isn't. He was one drive from becoming only the 2nd QB to win Super Bowls as the starting QB for 2 different teams. That's ridiculous to call him a system QB man. Is Brady a system QB?

Kurt Warner's a two-time NFL MVP. He won one Super Bowl and started in two others. He's one of only two QBs to start in the SB with two separate teams. He brought the Arizona Freakin' Cardinals to the Super Bowl. His stats in every conceivable category are better than every QB of his era except Favre, Manning, and Brady. What are you talking about? A system QB? I'm not sure you know what that means. Warner's a lock for the HOF at least by the 2nd ballot.

EDIT: What Yashi said

Bowe isn't as good of an athlete at Fitz (or Moss or Burress for the matter). But he can be at least as good as Owens, Torry Holt, or any other number of great WRs of his era. What he lacks in athleticism he makes up for in toughness and instincts. With the exception of Calvin Johnson, there's not another WR under 25 that I'd rather have on this team.

Kurt Warner = HOF........LOCK!!!! Would bet all you got on it!!!!

Kurt Warner is by far an at least 2nd ballot HOFer. This poll is kind of silly if you ask me, this guy has went from the European league to winning championships and MVP's. Its a lock.

Yes, Marino never won a superbowl and he is in there. DT never made it there either.

Its not about championships, its about how you play, and he plays(ed) well
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

i'd say if he can play two more seasons w/out stinkin, then yes his career stats, complete body of work would warrant consideration to the HOF, just compare his career stats to bradshaw, otto graham, sammy baugh, y a tittle, fran tarkenton, bart starr, etc...you may be surprised at the comparrison.

He does because of his inspirational story.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Even as a 49er fan, I like Kurt Warner. I like who he is and for the most part his body of work in the NFL. However calling him HOF material is a stretch I am not ready to make.

Yes he won a Super Bowl...so did Trent Dilfer...he is certainly better than Trent Dilfer, but I can't put him in the category of a Montana, Marino, Elway, Moon or even Brady (who is younger, but on his way to HOF in my opinion)...

I would categorize Warner more along the lines of a McNabb...a good leader and better than average QB, that when placed on an excellent team will make things happen.

If he makes it I think it is somewhat on character pushing him over the top rather than a clear cut decision on his career.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast