Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webcam - MSN

Default Webcam - MSN

When I try to use my webcam while talking to a friend on MSN, while it's loading, MSN suddenly crashes! I'm Certain it's because of my webcam! Does anyone know why this is happening?

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    When I try to use my webcam while talking to a friend on MSN, while it's loading, MSN suddenly crashes! I'm Certain it's because of my webcam! Does anyone know why this is happening?

Its probably taking up to much of your CPU and/or RAM. You might be trying to do too many things, and your PC might not be capable of handling it. That and your webcam might not be XP compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    Its probably taking up to much of your CPU and/or RAM. You might be trying to do too many things, and your PC might not be capable of handling it. That and your webcam might not be XP compatible.
    Well, It IS XP compatible becasue I can use it successfully in it's actual start-up-menu program. And as for RAM. My PC has 2GB of it!

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Well, It IS XP compatible becasue I can use it successfully in it's actual start-up-menu program. And as for RAM. My PC has 2GB of it!
    Well 2gb is plenty of RAM for XP. I take it you have the pentium 4 processor or above? If that's the case, then It could be something as simple as a driver needing installed or reinstalled, or a firmware update from the manufacturer of the webcam.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    Well 2gb is plenty of RAM for XP. I take it you have the pentium 4 processor or above? If that's the case, then It could be something as simple as a driver needing installed or reinstalled, or a firmware update from the manufacturer of the webcam.
    I'll show my dad your post and see what he can do!

I checked the settings (there aren't many anyway) and I also downloaded the latest driver. Didn't change a thing. I'll need to get a new (and better) webcam if I can't fix this one.

I think the problem is the three letters MSN . Try using a service like Skype . it works alot better or even yahoo messenger. I hate MSN.

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    I think the problem is the three letters MSN . Try using a service like Skype . it works alot better or even yahoo messenger. I hate MSN.
    Yahoo messanger doesn't have webcam option and I think I'll stick with MSN! Thanks anyway.

Yahoo does have the webcam feature and it also doesnt have the virus potential like messenger does, I have received messages from people in my contact list on MSN messenger that contained viruses . They made it look like your friends are trying to show you a link to look at pictures and its a link to a virus. I hope you keep your eyes open when using it.I have even been told that I have sent viruses to my friends in MSN messenger and I wasnt even logged in at the time.

no oblo computer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast