Thread: James Harrison Won’t Go To The White House

Post James Harrison Won’t Go To The White House

When the Pittsburgh Steelers visit the White House next week, they’ll do it without one of the men primarily responsible for their sixth Super Bowl title: Linebacker James Harrison.

“This is how I feel — if you want to see the Pittsburgh Steelers, invite us when we don’t win the Super Bowl,” Harrison said. “As far as I’m concerned, [Obama] would’ve invited Arizona if they had won.”

Um.

Um.

Um.

James, are you OK? Have you suffered any recent blunt trauma to the brain box?

It’s a ritual in this country that the major-league teams winning championships are invited to the White House for a visit.

So, yeah, the invitation applies only to the Super Bowl champs. It’s one of the things that make the accomplishment special.

And, no, the President doesn’t have the time or the desire to invite the 31 teams that didn’t win the Super Bowl to conduct seven-on-sevens in the Rose Garden. (After all, that might cut into the time he has allotted to work on his NCAA brackets.)

But, hey, at least we now have a better understanding of how the Steelers got Harrison to sign a long-term deal worth only $51 million.

Source

That's like not banging cheerleaders just because you are a football player and it makes it easy.

Props to wide right for the source.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

He has a point!
    Besides, why?
    I would not want to visit Obama.

I think that is absolutely stupid. Two things to consider here folks:

1. The Profession Champions of any sport always visit the White House, its tradition. So of course Arizona would have been invited if they had won.

2. One of Obamas biggest supporters and donators is the owner of the Steelers.

I will leave my political view to the side, but I must say this. Love him or hate him Obama is finally a president who is committed to the job, working hard, and getting us out of Iraq.

James Harrison does himself no favor what so ever as to making this comment. It makes him look very unintelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    It makes him look very unintelligent.
    I concurr
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

A competitive mind from a competitive player.

However, the white house and Obama are the bigger picture.

Harrison is the b!tch of the white house and Obama. Not the other way around.

Knowing Obama tho, he will stick up for Harrison and say "this is a free country" and he doesn't have to say or do anything that he does not want.

haha

way to stick it to 'THE MAN' Harrison.

James Harrison is the real McCoy; a real blue collar pundit and the next best thing to come out of Pitt. since the chin.

Man I can't stop laughing on this one. I want to see a superbowl ad with James Harrison playing the 'office' LB in the white house and just sacking Obama and the rest of the admin. Man that'd be priceless.

edit: I mean the guy contemplated driving a bus after he got cut like the 3rd time, you cant get anymore real then that.

He didn't really like listening to Warner before the Pro Bowl game either.

The network just made him do it.

He was like "whatever man".
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png