Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Free agents!!!!

Default Free agents!!!!

Why don't we get plexico burris....trade for ocho cinco for cheap, and possibly get greg camerillo from miami for a couple 1st's? We have a young qb and we need these players to put around him!

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    I'm certainly not against it as long as the price is right.
    In my opinion, from what I have seen of the guy, he is undoubtedly a top 5 reciever in this league. Great hands, great size, very good speed and he is one tough SOB. He is better than anyone we have on our roster.

I would pay him TOP 5 WR money and we have it to pay. On top of that, I think it would also put some extra fire in Bowe's tank.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    I'm certainly not against it as long as the price is right.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM4xSIdVDNA"]YouTube - The Price is Right - Contestant's boobs pop out.[/ame]
    Last edited by Chiefster; 05-29-2009 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I'm curious who on our current roster would be a better #2 WR next year than Marvin Harrison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Is it normal to sign a 36 year old injury prone receiver to be one of our primary targets? No, and it never should be.

I'm thinking that you must have misread Coaches statement.

If you read it, you should be able to see that he is asking who, of the players currently on our roster, would be a better #2 WR than Marvin Harrison.

There are certainly plenty of arguments for, and against, signing Harrison.

But the opinion that he would make a better #2 WR than anyone who is currently on the team is going to be a pretty popular one. I know that I agree.

And, since I trust you to have read and understood Coaches statement, but chose to side-step the question, I am guessing that you do to.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

If you read it, you should be able to see that he is asking who, of the players currently on our roster, would be a better #2 WR than Marvin Harrison.

But the opinion that he would make a better #2 WR than anyone who is currently on the team is going to be a pretty popular one. I know that I agree.

And, since I trust you to have read and understood Coaches statement, but chose to side-step the question, I am guessing that you do to.
    Yeah, signing Harrison has very little downside in terms of 2009 (unless, of course, you think Bradley's worth grooming for the spot). I don't think he'd sign here though - he'd want warm weather (or a dome), turf, and a possible 2009 ring.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    In my opinion, from what I have seen of the guy, he is undoubtedly a top 5 reciever in this league. Great hands, great size, very good speed and he is one tough SOB. He is better than anyone we have on our roster.

I would pay him TOP 5 WR money and we have it to pay. On top of that, I think it would also put some extra fire in Bowe's tank.

I'm not against paying him top five money, he's that good. I don't want to give up a first round draft choice, a second maybe. We need those high draft choices to complete this rebuiding process.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

Well, I haven't seen enough of Bradley to know for sure if he's as good or better than Harrison, but I don't think it really matters because I can almost guarantee Harrison won't even finish the season anyways.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Greg Camarillo for those of you who don't know is a former undrafted free agent who's clawed his way up to being one of the dolphins top receivers. He's not super fast but he's tough, quick and very productive. Think more Wes Welker than Randy Moss. He's a unselfish overachiever. And he might be expendable. Miami is crowded at the receiver position. Davone Bess and Ted Ginn had a good year last year and look to be better this year. Miami also drafted two receivers in Patrick Turner and Brian Hartline. So Greg Camarillo might be available and for a reasonable price. For a young QB he'd a be a good fit. This is the same guy who saved Miami from 0-16 in 2007 by pulling in the winning catch against the Baltimore Ravens in OT. He's not a superstar but he's a clutch player. Chiefs could easily do worse.

Right now in Ft polk but moving up to Ft Lewis soon and cant wait.

All I can say is every year there is a breakout WR, but if our line cant keep the guy that has to put the ball in the WR hands then whats the point of signing and paying a big name WR. We need to build up a solid line again. When we were going to the playoffs we had avg WR but we had one of the best o-lines. Thats where it starts getting a solid and healthy RT.

Right now in Ft polk but moving up to Ft Lewis soon and cant wait.

Oh and PLEXICO really..... do we not watch the news???

Dude, what are you doing? This thread is like 4 months old. Calm down a little
    Does anybody else find this hilarious or what! Hahahahaha

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast