Thread: A Bunch Of BS!!!

Thumbs down A Bunch Of BS!!!

I just wanted to share with you guys this unbelievable crock of a memo I just got from my work.

It says that anyone who is laid off for a week or more( which is me, been laid off since early April) will now have to pay 100% of their insurance coverage premiums. So I call and ask them what I will have to pay to continue coverage and this is what she told me.

"Well for every week your laid off you will have to send us a check for your family health $193.79, Family Dental $16.24, Family Vision $5.45, and all other life insurances which is 5.04 a week. So my grand total I will owe them for every week is $220.52, or $882.08 A month.

I told them, there is no way in hell I can afford to pay this amount a month, its practically the amount I am receiving in unemployment. I cant believe that the company I work for would stoop so low, and stop paying their share of the insurance, and leave all of us laid off workers in the dirt. I AM DISGUSTED!!!

Sorry for the rant, I just couldn't believe this, and needed to vent.

That's some serious BS dude.

Kick 'em in the nads!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

What kinda of scam are they running?
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

google "cobra medical ", its a government funded medical premium extension for unemployed. you pay into it but should cost you alot less than the $882 and it is only for 6 months. or you can call afriend of mine , Rhondi 570-341-6686, she can answer all your questions. she sells medical insurance and knows all the laws and what rights you may have. tell her "Jake" told you to call. super nice person, she'll help you if she can.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    google "cobra medical ", its a government funded medical premium extension for unemployed. you pay into it but should cost you alot less than the $882 and it is only for 6 months. or you can call afriend of mine , Rhondi 570-341-6686, she can answer all your questions. she sells medical insurance and knows all the laws and what rights you may have. tell her "Jake" told you to call. super nice person, she'll help you if she can.
    Thanks for the info. I have a code from my employer to use with Cobra, so i think that will be the route. I appreciate your help on this matter, rep and arrowcash donated

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    What kinda of scam are they running?
    No Scam, they are just about to shut down. They even have to turn off every light in the whole factory every time they leave the room. they are just trying to survive, but they decided to cut the wrong things. There are over 250 people laid off right now, and I do not think one person will honestly be able to keep their insurance with the costs where they are. They could have cut many of the pointless office positions they created which would have saved them enough to cover there share of the insurance premiums.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    No Scam, they are just about to shut down. They even have to turn off every light in the whole factory every time they leave the room. they are just trying to survive, but they decided to cut the wrong things. There are over 250 people laid off right now, and I do not think one person will honestly be able to keep their insurance with the costs where they are. They could have cut many of the pointless office positions they created which would have saved them enough to cover there share of the insurance premiums.
    I know that, but it does seem like it though.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

I read ya man; not right!