Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: First Units (so far)

Default First Units (so far)

Here's how the Chiefs lined up with their first units during their first full-squad practice:

Offense
    QB - Matt Cassel
    RB - Larry Johnson
    FB - Mike Cox
    WR - Dwayne Bowe
    WR - Mark Bradley
    TE - Brad Cottam
    LT - Branden Albert
    LG - Wade Smith (for the absent Brian Waters)
    C - Rudy Niswanger
    RG - Mike Goff
    RT - Damion McIntosh

Defense
    LE - Tyson Jackson
    NT - Ron Edwards
    RE - Alex Magee (for the injured Glenn Dorsey)
    OLB - Monty Beisel (for the absent Mike Vrabel)
    ILB - Zach Thomas
    ILB - Derrick Johnson
    OLB - Tamba Hali
    CB - Brandon Flowers
    CB - Brandon Carr
    FS - Jarrad Page
    SS - Bernard Pollard

Starting lineups | Red Zone

Most interesting to me is Edwards at NT instead of Tank. Also Bradley instead of Engram at 2WR and that we're keeping Niswanger at C and Goff at RG, instead of vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    1. Waters only has 4-5 years left in your dreams. He'll be retiring in 2010 or 2011.

2. Turk has no value. No one would trade a 2045 7th rounder for him. He has been that worthless. Just because someone was drafted high doesn't mean they're valuable.

3. Ghiaciuc isn't very good, but he isn't terrible either. I'd rather have Goff at C than either he or Niswanger.

4. The difference between Boldin and Waters is that Boldin is entering his prime and Waters is past his.

5. It's a lot easier to find a good LG than a good WR.

I appreicate your love for Waters, but you have vastly overestimated his value to both this and other teams. He's a valuable, if over-the-hill, LG. He isn't even close to the equal 28-year-old pro bowl WR.
    1.average lifespan of a great guard is 12-14years, waters will be in his 9th season so he can hang around barring injury for up to 5 years.

2. Turk came on last year to look better, not good but better. a young fast DE still worth a look from other clubs

3.goff is in his 12th season and has never been to the pro bowl so he IS over the hill. "Ghiaciuc isn't very good" yup your right on.

4. yeah waters has been around 3 whole years longer than boldin, he must be old enuf to be his big brother or sumpthin

5. actually a great WR is harder to find than a great guard but a good WR is easier to find than a good guard so we already have a better than good soon to be great WR in Bowe, and a couple of good #2's[at least for now]. i would luv to see boldin wearin KC RED but i just don't see this as a good trade.

how good will boldin be with double teams since he won't have fitzgerald on the other side? remember fitz has been there 4 of his 5 seasons

i thought i may be prejudiced as a CHIEFS fan so i ran this trade past 2 cowgirl and an eaglet fan. all pretty knowledgable football fans, consensus too much to give for boldin.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    1.average lifespan of a great guard is 12-14years, waters will be in his 9th season so he can hang around barring injury for up to 5 years.

2. Turk came on last year to look better, not good but better. a young fast DE still worth a look from other clubs

3.goff is in his 12th season and has never been to the pro bowl so he IS over the hill. "Ghiaciuc isn't very good" yup your right on.

4. yeah waters has been around 3 whole years longer than boldin, he must be old enuf to be his big brother or sumpthin

5. actually a great WR is harder to find than a great guard but a good WR is easier to find than a good guard so we already have a better than good soon to be great WR in Bowe, and a couple of good #2's[at least for now]. i would luv to see boldin wearin KC RED but i just don't see this as a good trade.

how good will boldin be with double teams since he won't have fitzgerald on the other side? remember fitz has been there 4 of his 5 seasons

i thought i may be prejudiced as a CHIEFS fan so i ran this trade past 2 cowgirl and an eaglet fan. all pretty knowledgable football fans, consensus too much to give for boldin.

1) First off I see 10 years of exp for Waters everywhere I look not sure where you get 8, but maybe the internet sites are wrong /shrug , if not that cuts your 5 years down to 3 (kinda like TG now)

2) I'm glad you agree about Turk he has ZERO value to us now!!! BUT could be a ok backup guy for some other team and that is why we should include him in a trade hell maybe Boone too.

3) Goff is by far our best inner OL guy besides Waters and a GREAT pick up!!! Also, the only reason Cinnzy let go of Ghiaciuc is his contract and he can't stay healthy!!!! If he can rehab and stay healthy he should have ZERO problem starting over Niswanger at Center. If this happens Goff slides to LG Ghiaciuc at Center and Niswanger at RG with Taylor/smith being backups!!!

4) I think this point is just silly... I do not care if Waters was the BEST inner OL guy in History and in his PRIME hehe. I would give him up in a split sec for Boldin in his prime...... WR is SUCH a more important and harder talent to find then inner OL.

5) This kinda goes with #4, I disagree with you btw, its SOOO much easier to find a good guard over a WR!!!!!

Well, someone probably already posted this in another thread, but here's a great little story on the new center-

Kansas City Chiefs - Finding Opportunity

He seems to have a great attitude, and I'd rather have five guys like that than one guy who has been to the pro bowl, but is pouting and whining. I won't say who that is, but his name rhymes with Flyin Blotters.

As a side note, we drafted Barry Richardson in the same draft as Branden Albert. Have we even seen Richardson? I don't know much about him, but if we get a dominant right tackle out of the deal, that would be great. Bookends

jb

so has anyone heard what the deal is with Waters?

We probably won;t know until mandatory workouts in a couple of weeks.

Waters is just being a baby, he's never been managed by a guy who isn't a player's coach before.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567