Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Counting us out

Default Counting us out

I was just thinking about how every "NFL analyst" is counting us out this year. I don't know what these guys are smoking, or what bias they have against the Chiefs, but most of them have us in the power rankings right around 30. Are you freaking kidding me people, we have had such a overall roster upgrade, and yet you people feel were gonna be the laughing stock of the AFC again?

Give me a freaking break, I guess most of you analysts will just have to eat your own words come this fall now wont you. Oh that's right, they will probably just hop on the bandwagon and say they had an inkling that KC might turn it around like the Falcons and Dolphins of last year.

I agree in that there is no way we are as bad as the so called experts seem to think. But we still have a lot of question marks. The overall rebuild will probably take three of four years, IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    I was just thinking about how every "NFL analyst" is counting us out this year. I don't know what these guys are smoking, or what bias they have against the Chiefs, but most of them have us in the power rankings right around 30. Are you freaking kidding me people, we have had such a overall roster upgrade, and yet you people feel were gonna be the laughing stock of the AFC again?

Give me a freaking break, I guess most of you analysts will just have to eat your own words come this fall now wont you. Oh that's right, they will probably just hop on the bandwagon and say they had an inkling that KC might turn it around like the Falcons and Dolphins of last year.
    When your smaller-market team wins 6 games over the past two seasons, you tend to get disrespect from analysts.

The Chiefs are building this team from the ground up, and they're doing it without the flashy big-dollar signings that doom the likes of the Jets and Redskins to perpetual mediocrity. We're going to be disrespected until we put a eight win season together. Then we'll be the next big thing.

As much as I love my Chiefs, we brought this on ourselves. Winning 6 games in two years isn't the best way to instill confidence in your team (especially from the media).

That being said, we should be a better team next year, but I agree with PBATrucker in the fact that we're probably looking at a 3 or 4 year long process before we can start talking about a run deep into the playoffs.

Writers and Analyst always play it safe. They always go off the previous year even tho only half the teams make it to the playoffs again.

I dont think its going to be another 3 or 4 years. We went through our growing pains. The time is now. This a year a contender and next year the SB.

Well anyone of us are analysts. We analyze football teams, games, stats, and the sport in general. So when we see a bad team, making signifigant moves in the right direction, our normal tendency is to assume they will be a better team. I am just not seeing that when it comes to the Chiefs, most of them have us pegged exactly as we were last year.

I like it though, that means that we can shock the sports world when we go out and tear it up. Our young players are getting older, and getting more experience, its bound to show on the field.

I pay no attention to the "analysts", they base their predictions on last season's performance; which I agree is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post

Fans tend to look at their team a little more optimistically than non-fans (they research it more too in many cases). Non-fans develop their opinions from statistics, game highlights and commentary from an ESPN crew designed to appeal to the casual fan. From just that they see a team who spent a 2nd round pick on a shotgun QB when they already had one. They drafted a 9-12 talent with the 3rd overall when St. Curry, the best LB ever to play the game without stepping foot on the field was still available. They're throwing away the last few years of drafts to switch over to a new defensive scheme. They traded away a pro-bowl tight end with no compensation for the upcoming season and have signed cheap, washed up vets with no effort at going after big names like Lewis, Canty or Scott.

If that were the whole story, those are a lot of reasons to be pessimistic, but it's not the whole story, it's just the story that most people choose to see. They don't take into consideration developing team chemistry, a mix of veteran experience with still maleable youth, a cap situation that allows for multiple long term solutions, and they don't trust the wisdom of the team brass because the ESPN (people who have those analyst jobs because they couldn't make it in the NFL) idiocy is deafing in comparison. In the end though, the reasons to be optimistic in KC don't make as good a story as another potential 2-14 season.

Thanks Aussie!

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    Writers and Analyst always play it safe. They always go off the previous year even tho only half the teams make it to the playoffs again.

I dont think its going to be another 3 or 4 years. We went through our growing pains. The time is now. This a year a contender and next year the SB.
    I strongly agree about the analysts, which is why I'm more inclined to listen to them after the season is rolling along and all of the teams are pretty well set as far as good or bad.

I'll have to disagree on being competitive, however. I just can't see us winning much more than 6 games. I think we can make a playoff run in 2010.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

writers always pick the easy route.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast