Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Counting us out

Default Counting us out

I was just thinking about how every "NFL analyst" is counting us out this year. I don't know what these guys are smoking, or what bias they have against the Chiefs, but most of them have us in the power rankings right around 30. Are you freaking kidding me people, we have had such a overall roster upgrade, and yet you people feel were gonna be the laughing stock of the AFC again?

Give me a freaking break, I guess most of you analysts will just have to eat your own words come this fall now wont you. Oh that's right, they will probably just hop on the bandwagon and say they had an inkling that KC might turn it around like the Falcons and Dolphins of last year.

After reading Chief Tylers take- I would say end of discussion. Well done.

I understand how you guys feel. My Dolphins after winning their division last year and having one of the best turnarounds ever still get no respect. A lot of analysts are expecting us to be behind the Jets and the Bills this year. We swept the Bills last year and beat the Jets to take the division.

Here's the good news for Chiefs fans. When my dolphins went 1-15 we had good players but the coaching brought us down. When we switched coaches, cleaned out his crappy picks and refocused we had a huge turnaround. The Chiefs can do the same.

Also you're in a divison with Al Davis' Raiders and a McDaniel's led Broncos. You guys had a great offseason and picked up some talent. You guys have an opportunity to seriously make waves this year. GL Chiefs.

P.S. I just remembered you guys just stocked up on defense and picked up some great 3-4 vets in Zach Thomas and Mike Vrabel. Zach is one of the most popular Dolphins ever and a legend in the miami area. He and Vrabel are both real team players and leaders. I think you guys are going to smack the ever lasting crap out of some QB's in your division. I was just looking at your offseason moves on Walterfootball and I think I'm going to have to catch some Chiefs games this year!
    Last edited by Xeticus; 06-01-2009 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    I was just thinking about how every "NFL analyst" is counting us out this year. I don't know what these guys are smoking, or what bias they have against the Chiefs, but most of them have us in the power rankings right around 30. Are you freaking kidding me people, we have had such a overall roster upgrade, and yet you people feel were gonna be the laughing stock of the AFC again?

Give me a freaking break, I guess most of you analysts will just have to eat your own words come this fall now wont you. Oh that's right, they will probably just hop on the bandwagon and say they had an inkling that KC might turn it around like the Falcons and Dolphins of last year.
    Yeah, they annoy me out of my wits too!! AAGHH!

I do know I'm excited to see what happens. I know at least the Chiefs will be competitive. If the oline can gel and play well a division title is not out of the question. The chargers are getting older, the broncos have a major question mark at qb and a suspect defense and the raiders are the raiders. I think the Chiefs have better chance then "experts" are saying.
    Damn it, now go out there and hurt someone!

Yahoo Sports has the Chargers taking the AFC West with an 11-5 record while the Raiders, Chiefs and then Denver come in second, third and fourth respectively all sporting the same 5-11 win/loss record. :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Yahoo Sports has the Chargers taking the AFC West with an 11-5 record while the Raiders, Chiefs and then Denver come in second, third and fourth respectively all sporting the same 5-11 win/loss record. :rolleyes:
    That's what you call a 'brain dead' assessment; taking the easy way out; not even trying etc...

I think the Chiefs are definitely better than the Raiders. The Broncos have lots of question marks. McDaniels has made some very questionable moves. There's no way of predicting what the Broncos will look like. They could be really good or really bad. The Chiefs at the very least will have a much improved defense. That at least should make them competitive if nothing else. At least this year the chiefs have a real chance to win the division.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeticus View Post
    I think the Chiefs are definitely better than the Raiders. The Broncos have lots of question marks. McDaniels has made some very questionable moves. There's no way of predicting what the Broncos will look like. They could be really good or really bad. The Chiefs at the very least will have a much improved defense. That at least should make them competitive if nothing else. At least this year the chiefs have a real chance to win the division.
    Which has been the case since the AFL began!

I am thrilled with the progress the Chiefs are making.
    The problem Pendegrast had in Arizona was a lack of speed on the defense. He choose to cover this up by playing a lot of schemes. They never really became good at any one scheme. Under Pioli I believe the Chiefs will play a limited number of schemes and get good at those schemes. We don't have the speed to be really good at playing the 3=4, but we will make teams work for every point they get. We are still going to give up a big play every once in awhile but will be real tough in the red zone. It will take a couple of drafts to acquire that team speed we need, But will be better each year.

Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    That's what you call a 'brain dead' assessment; taking the easy way out; not even trying etc...
    Yup, I couldn't believe that they had the Chiefs, Donks and Faders all at 5-11.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123